website statistics

Wrestling Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Anybody from :UKR or :ROU has any info Women's 68kg reallocation? 

I think it should go to :UKR Skobelska but if not, next on the list should be :ROU Anghel and if also this one is rejected then it's :CZE Hanzlickova 😃😃😃

I just wonder why her name is still on wiki, Czech team has not confirmed anything ..... But is there any possibility that the reallocation goes another way? For example, in shooting, as I was told, the reallocation goes to countries that yet haven't qualified any athlete in the certain discipline. If it went similar way, it may go to countries that yet have no athlete in this sport, as there is no Czech female wrestler qualified, only one male - Artur Omarov in GR 97. 

Just trying to consider any other possibilities as we still know nothing where the reallocations go..... 

50 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

I think it should go to :UKR Skobelska but if not, next on the list should be :ROU Anghel and if also this one is rejected then it's :CZE Hanzlickova 😃😃😃

I just wonder why her name is still on wiki, Czech team has not confirmed anything ..... But is there any possibility that the reallocation goes another way? For example, in shooting, as I was told, the reallocation goes to countries that yet haven't qualified any athlete in the certain discipline. If it went similar way, it may go to countries that yet have no athlete in this sport, as there is no Czech female wrestler qualified, only one male - Artur Omarov in GR 97. 

Just trying to consider any other possibilities as we still know nothing where the reallocations go..... 

It is a pity, but in 69kg quota stays for AIN as far as I know. No signs of rejection of that quota ((

But I will be happy to fail in this case )

4 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Its a pity but Hanzlickova is not going to Paris. The Russian Petliakova has got nothing against her, no quota reallocation to any country.

Wait, it can be reallocated to another athlete from the same country? Isn't wrestling a sport where you get a quota on name? Not for a country? 

1 minute ago, Jan Linha said:

Wait, it can be reallocated to another athlete from the same country? Isn't wrestling a sport where you get a quota on name? Not for a country? 

It's not Boxing. Quota goes to NOC. Anyone can be sent by NOC.

Just now, Jan Linha said:

I see. Never mind. Thanks anyway. I was hoping there would be a way for Hanzlickova 😃 😞

I understand. For someone who came close to beating the world champion earlier this year, it's a pity to not be in Paris. She could have even medalled but it's cruel qualifying in sports like wrestling.

48 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I understand. For someone who came close to beating the world champion earlier this year, it's a pity to not be in Paris. She could have even medalled but it's cruel qualifying in sports like wrestling.

Can't agree more. Also in other sports. Sometimes the mental pressure can squeeze you and you freeze during the most important moment ..... Let's hope she will be stronger for LA28 🙂

3 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

the head of the Romanian wrestling federation communicated that after the meeting of the international federation, Razvan Arnaut is qualified for the Olympic Games. In the press release, he specified that he feels very sorry for Anghel, who was very close, but unfortunately did not qualify. On wikipedia I saw that Nicu Ojog is also qualified, but absolutely nothing was said about him.

51 minutes ago, IoNuTzZ said:

the head of the Romanian wrestling federation communicated that after the meeting of the international federation, Razvan Arnaut is qualified for the Olympic Games. In the press release, he specified that he feels very sorry for Anghel, who was very close, but unfortunately did not qualify. On wikipedia I saw that Nicu Ojog is also qualified, but absolutely nothing was said about him.

So we have first confirmation of the reallocation.

But we still do not know the way of reallocation beacause quota for Arnaut was clear without any alternative