website statistics

Fencing Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

the schedule of the 2023 World Championships in :ITA Milan is out.

Saturday, July 22nd
Women's Individual Epee, Qualifications
Men's Individual Sabre, Qualifications

Sunday, July 23rd
Women's Individual Foil, Qualifications

Men's Individual Epee, Qualifications

Monday, July 24th
Women's Individual Sabre, Qualifications

Men's Individual Foil, Qualifications

Tuesday, July 25th

Women's Individual Epee, Last 64 to the Final
Men's Individual Sabre, Last 64 to the Final

Wednesday, July 26th

Women's Individual Foil, Last 64 to the Final

Men's Individual Epee, Last 64 to the Final

Thursday, July 27th

Women's Individual Sabre, Last 64 to the Final

Men's Individual Foil, Last 64 to the Final

Women's Team Epee, up to the Quarterfinals
Men's Team Sabre, up to the Quarterfinals

Friday, July 28th
Women's Team Epee, Quarterfinals to the Final
Men's Team Sabre, Quarterfinals to the Final

Women's Team Foil, up to the Quarterfinals

Men's Team Epee, up to the Quarterfinals

Saturday, July 29th

Women's Team Foil, Quarterfinals to the Final

Men's Team Epee, Quarterfinals to the Final

Women's Team Sabre, up to the Quarterfinals

Men's Team Foil, up to the Quarterfinals

Sunday, July 30th

Women's Team Sabre, Quarterfinals to the Final

Men's Team Foil, Quarterfinals to the Final

• 2 months later...

:BLR :RUS autorized for paris 2024

The international fencing federation formalized this Friday the reinstatement of Russian and Belarusian athletes in competition from April 3, 2023, the date of the start of the Olympic qualification period for the Paris 2024 Games. Fencing is the first Olympic sport to make this choice.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Escrime/Actualites/L-escrime-acte-le-retour-des-russes-et-bielorusses-en-competition/1385102

Edited by Benolympique

30 minut temu Benolympique powiedział:

:BLR :RUS autorizowane dla parafii 2024 r.

Międzynarodowa Federacja ogrodzenia sfformalizowała w ten piątek przywrócenie rosyjskich i białoruskich sportowców w konkursie od 3 kwietnia 2023 roku, daty rozpoczęcia okresu kwalifikacji olimpijskich na igrzyska w Paryżu 2024 roku. Fencing to pierwszy sport olimpijski aby dokonać tego wyboru.

https://wwww. lequipe. fr/Escrime/Actualites/L-escrime-acte-le-retour-des-russes-et-bielorusses-en-competition/1385102

What a shame.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Mecki83 said:

Is my understanding correct, that none of these points will be in the final Olympic Qualification Ranking?

Yeah, actually that ranking is still imprecise, because it started today... but FIE has cancelled all the events, so in fact it will start only at the end of the month, with the first events...

Anyway, once officially the Fencing Olympic Qualifications starts today, I think it's good to have an overview about each country chances :p:clap:

1 hour ago, Laraja said:

Yeah, actually that ranking is still imprecise, because it started today... but FIE has cancelled all the events, so in fact it will start only at the end of the month, with the first events...

Anyway, once officially the Fencing Olympic Qualifications starts today, I think it's good to have an overview about each country chances :p:clap:

Not sure I understand the individual quotas. For example in Foil men Croatia has a quota which is wrong. 

3 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Not sure I understand the individual quotas. For example in Foil men Croatia has a quota which is wrong. 

As I said previously, these rankings are still imprecise because the Olympic Qualification Ranking's period starts today, so only the competitions from now on will count.

But, according to the current ranking for Men's Foil, :CRO isn't taking a quota. The individiual rankings give 6 quotas, being 1 for Americas, 1 Africa, 2 Asia/Oceania and 2 Europe. :CZE and :ESP are the best two countries from Europe right now, which didn't take Team Quotas.

17 minutes ago, Laraja said:

As I said previously, these rankings are still imprecise because the Olympic Qualification Ranking's period starts today, so only the competitions from now on will count.

But, according to the current ranking for Men's Foil, :CRO isn't taking a quota. The individiual rankings give 6 quotas, being 1 for Americas, 1 Africa, 2 Asia/Oceania and 2 Europe. :CZE and :ESP are the best two countries from Europe right now, which didn't take Team Quotas.

Yes correct, now looks good. In the previous version Croatia was green