website statistics

Fencing Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Laraja said:

Is there a reason why the Nanjing World Cup in women's epee team is counted as an Olympic ranking event? It happened on March 26th, which is outside of the qualification period: https://fie.org/competitions/2023/750

52 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Is there a reason why the Nanjing World Cup in women's epee team is counted as an Olympic ranking event? It happened on March 26th, which is outside of the qualification period: https://fie.org/competitions/2023/750

Yes, it was my mistake :p

Thanks for noticing that and, please, if you or someone else notice anything weird, let me know

Fencing Rankings are quite complex to do, and I always take the pontuation from the first country in FIE's website. In this case, Korea was the first, and they got 52.000 points in two events in a row. I should have ignored the first event, but I took it anyway.

I have already fixed it, and consequently the Individual qualification

Thanks

1 hour ago, Laraja said:

Yes, it was my mistake :p

Thanks for noticing that and, please, if you or someone else notice anything weird, let me know

Fencing Rankings are quite complex to do, and I always take the pontuation from the first country in FIE's website. In this case, Korea was the first, and they got 52.000 points in two events in a row. I should have ignored the first event, but I took it anyway.

I have already fixed it, and consequently the Individual qualification

Thanks

I think the women's epee team ranking is corrected now, except the poor Hungarian girls are stuck with only 28 points for some reason. :d They got 24 points (10th place) from the World Cup and 52 points (2nd place) from the Euros, so 76 points overall, same as Italy.

2 hours ago, Vektor said:

I think the women's epee team ranking is corrected now, except the poor Hungarian girls are stuck with only 28 points for some reason. :d They got 24 points (10th place) from the World Cup and 52 points (2nd place) from the Euros, so 76 points overall, same as Italy.

Yeah, you are completely right!

As I said, Fencing is quite complex.... there was a signal of minus on sheets, do you guess in which country? :d

Because of that, it wasn't suming the points for Hungary.

N-O-W, it's correct!

Hungary is tied with Italy. I  haven't marked :HUN just to facilitate, and kept :ITA as provisionally qualified. But, as you can see, it's just a matter of time to break this tie.

Thank you again! Please, tell me if you see anything wrong.

2 hours ago, El Analyzer said:

The men individual Epee ranking is a bit strange for me, I feel extra points have been added to Alex Bardenet (france) 3rd in your ranking.. and Ruben Limardo (ven) 4th

any explanation please?

yes, you're right!

@Laraja  the rankings have been updated also on the official website, you can check directly here:

https://paris.fie.org/#tab-table

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...