website statistics

Fencing Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

10 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Now that you mention it there are probably a few other examples in sports like wrestling, judo, etc. where only 1 athlete per NOC is allowed no matter what (unlike fencing where you can either have 1 or 3 but not 2...)

IT’s what happened to us in the iqfoil women with last year’s all Israeli podium 

On 3/28/2024 at 9:32 PM, phelps said:

no, AIN fencers won't get wild cards, but some of them will qualify through the Continental qualifiers

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they get 4 places out of 6 at that tournament (still, we have to see who's gonna compete for them)

Latst news on this - Ilgar Mamedov said that he is not a head of "homeless team", so no russian fencers at Olympic qualifier would not be allowed by him.

Thus according to him AINs from russia will miss last chance for Olympic qualification.

Another news :UKR announced squad for Olympic qualifier:

- Reizlin (men`s epee)

- Poloziuk (women`s foil)

- Yagodka (men`s sabre)

- Yunes (men`s foil)

Method of selection - highest ranked athlete right now. 

I would say Poloziuk has the best chances. Reizlin is 39 yo. I would like to see someone from the next generation.

Edited by avlar

I think this is great that Germany can't qualify a single team. that's great for future generations, I mean 2040-2050 if IOC (or the World the way it is now) exists that long

we are still paying the price of that 1976 team gold medal :p

Edited by MHSN

18 hours ago, Adriano said:

many great sailors / judokas and other athletes could say something like this, because has only 1 place per NOC.

Yes but in those sports there is always only 1 athlete per NOC, whereas in fencing you can either have 1 or have 3, but you can't have 2. So it's not the same situation.

Well, Georgiadou seems to have gotten a lot of attention with her post, maybe it'll be like our women's water polo team's NQ in 2012 as 2011 World Championships which caused a change in the qualification system for the future :p of course it's a shame they always seem to come at Greece's expense though :cry: