website statistics

Fencing Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

On 4/28/2024 at 4:47 PM, phelps said:

up

I think :ISV (women's Epee), :MLI X2 (men's Epee and Foil), :KUW (men's Epee), :COD (women's Foil), :LBN (men's Foil), :ISL (men's Sabre) and :ESA (women's Sabre) will get all the 8 tripartite places, no room for the AOR guys

I think :LBA will get a quota here. They are constantly at World Cups, probably there is some special funding or something.

On 4/28/2024 at 3:13 PM, Makedonas said:

https://www.gazzetta.gr/xifaskia/olympiakoi-agones/2323011/despoina-georgiadoy-epistoli-tis-omospondias-xifaskias-gia-na

This article is almost three weeks old, but our fencing federation is requesting a wildcard or reallocation spot for Georgiadou and using Bach giving Kharlan a wildcard as an example...

Of course I doubt it will make a difference. We knew for the past few years that something like this would probably happen and that one of our two girls would miss out on the Olympics, maybe a change could've been made if they didn't wait until the end to complain about it.

Brazilian federation did the same thing, asking for a Tripartite reallocation quota for Alexandre CAMARGO after the lost 15-14 in the American Qualifier on a questionable decision.

The reply was quite sharp, saying the referee commission decided that  the decision was right (but the head of referee of the event is part of the referee commission lol) finishing basically with "Read the rules, you are not eligible for tripartite".

On 5/13/2024 at 10:38 PM, Pasolini said:

Brazilian federation did the same thing, asking for a Tripartite reallocation quota for Alexandre CAMARGO after the lost 15-14 in the American Qualifier on a questionable decision.

The reply was quite sharp, saying the referee commission decided that  the decision was right (but the head of referee of the event is part of the referee commission lol) finishing basically with "Read the rules, you are not eligible for tripartite".

This is exactly what I was saying earlier, and people complained, but they bent the rules for Kharlan so now this really opened the door to this, now everyone is going to expect them to change the rules and give them wildcards too.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Jur said:

Llavador :ESP , who was 1st at reallocation list, got a olympic quota. So that means that not 8 tripartite quotas where awarded

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7gdJR9sVY2/?igsh=Nm96bDE3bnhzdDJq

IIRC, first time since 2008 that :ESP brings more than one competitor in Fencing to the Olympics (Llavador + already qualified Lucía Martín-Portugués in women's sabre)