website statistics

Track Cycling Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

The results from the 3rd and final Nations Cup have now been included in the UCI Track Cycling rankings but it is a bit like going from comedy to farce.

Last week I thought the reason for the delay was that the Olympic Ranking was only going to count the 2 best results from the Nations Cup series but this week's ranking is including all 3 results.  

• 3 months later...

Can't get my head around some of the latest ranking points totals from UCI.

Was there an issue with the Chinese men's team pursuit at the world champs? I thought they had finished 10th so would get 1350 points but UCI don't seem to have included in their total.

In the latest ranking, UCI have China dropping 3 places to 14th and still have GBR in an Olympic qualifying position but I think China should be in 10th with GB in 11th. :mumble: 

1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Can't get my head around some of the latest ranking points totals from UCI.

Was there an issue with the Chinese men's team pursuit at the world champs? I thought they had finished 10th so would get 1350 points but UCI don't seem to have included in their total.

In the latest ranking, UCI have China dropping 3 places to 14th and still have GBR in an Olympic qualifying position but I think China should be in 10th with GB in 11th. :mumble: 

There is a coeficient for points in Track Cycling and also a limitation of events. Though, I don't know if it is the reason.

I would not be surprised if there is any mistake there, UCI has already made it haha

Happy to see that someone at the UCI has figured out how to work the office calculator and China have been credited with the world championship points for the men's team pursuit in the latest release of the world rankings. This takes them up to into the final qualifying spot ahead of Team GB.

This should be the last Olympic ranking update until the Nations Cup / Continental Championships kick off next year.

• 2 months later...

Article in Wikipedia says that Olympic ranking will be closed "at the end of 2024 UCI Track Cycling World Championships" in 15th April next year, but World Championships are scheduled to take place in... mid-October. So, which event(s) will be counted as last to ranking? A World Cup? Continental Championships?

1 hour ago, rybak said:

Article in Wikipedia says that Olympic ranking will be closed "at the end of 2024 UCI Track Cycling World Championships" in 15th April next year, but World Championships are scheduled to take place in... mid-October. So, which event(s) will be counted as last to ranking? A World Cup? Continental Championships?

There are 4 ranking events left taking place from Jan-Apr next year - Continental Championships (Points factored at 0.75) and three Nations Cups - Adelaide, Hong Kong & Milton (Points factored at 1.0) 

Teams will count their scores from the continental champs and their 2 best results from the nations cups. 

So each nations final ranking point total will comprise of:

2x Continental Champs

1x World Champs

2x Best Nations Cup 2023

2x Best Nations Cup 2024 

13 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

There are 4 ranking events left taking place from Jan-Apr next year - Continental Championships (Points factored at 0.75) and three Nations Cups - Adelaide, Hong Kong & Milton (Points factored at 1.0) 

Teams will count their scores from the continental champs and their 2 best results from the nations cups. 

So each nations final ranking point total will comprise of:

2x Continental Champs

1x World Champs

2x Best Nations Cup 2023

2x Best Nations Cup 2024 

Presumably GBR are going to have to pull up a few trees to sneak in in the Team pursuit...