website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Update on quotas based on Road to Paris part2 (part 1)

Curiously many athletes with EST are not on the Road to Paris, but usually from countries with many athletes, so I'm not making a fuzz out of it.

If I see any case that affects directly a qualification I will mention here.

Women's 800m

:ETHHabitam ALEMU -ORLEN Copernicus Cup - Toruń, Poland (2024 Feb 06)

:ETHTsige DUGUMA - Indoor World Championships - Glasgow, Scotland, UK (2024 Mar 02)

:RSAPrudence SEKGODISO - AGN League 5 - Pretoria, South Africa (2024 Mar 02)

:USAMichaela ROSE - SEC Indoor Championships- Fayetteville, USA (2024 Feb 24)

:VINShafiqua MALONEY - Tyson Invitational - Fayetteville, USA (2024 Feb 10)

First Olympic quota for Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Women's 1500m

:ETHGudaf TSEGAY - Boston, USA (2024 Feb 04)

:ETHTigist GIRMA -ORLEN Copernicus Cup - Toruń, Poland (2024 Feb 06)

:ETHHabitam ALEMU - Meeting Hauts-de-France Pas-de-Calais Trophée EDF - Liévin, France (2024 Feb 10)

:KENBeatrice CHEPKOECH -ORLEN Copernicus Cup - Toruń, Poland (2024 Feb 06)

:KENSusan Lokayo EJORE - Millrose Games - New York, USA (2024 Feb 11)

:USAElle ST. PIERRE- Millrose Games - New York, USA (2024 Feb 11)

Women's 5000m

:ETHLikina AMEBAW - Monaco (2024 Fev 11)

:ETHAsmarech ANLEY - Urban Trail - Lille, France (2023 Nov 18)

:ETHWubrist ASCHAL - Urban Trail - Lille, France (2023 Nov 18)

:KENMargaret AKIDOR - 5th NITTAIDAI Challenge Games - Yokohama, Japan (2023 Nov 11)

:KENAgnes Jebet NGETICH - 10K Valencia Ibercaja - Valencia, Spain (2024 Jan 14)

:UGAJoy Cheptoyek - tRUNsylvania International 10K - Brasov, Romania (2023 Dec 31)
:USACourtney WAYMENT - Boston University John Thomas Terrier Classic - Boston, USA (2024 Jan 27)

Women's 10.000m

:ETHFortyen TESFAY - 10K Facsa Castellón - Castellón, Spain (2024 Feb 25)

:KENFaith CHEPKOECH- 10K Facsa Castellón - Castellón, Spain (2024 Feb 25)

:KENDiana CHEPKORIR- 10K Facsa Castellón - Castellón, Spain (2024 Feb 25)

:KENMirriam CHEBET - 10K Ibiza (2024 Jan 28)

I was bored so I'm making a simulation list of where the potential invitational quotas. I'm counting the NOCs that receibed a invitation to the Tokio games, I tried to left outr NOC's I think wont need them. If a NOC in that list has already qualified in one gender I put the invitation in the other one.

In Paris only 100 meters and marathon quotas are up to invitation, + 3 athletes in 800 per gender.

So, as of now, this is how I think the potential distribution could go:

Men's 100 - :AFG:ANG:ASA:BIZ:BEN:FIJ:GAM:GBS:KIR:MDV:NRU:NCA:NIG:TJK:TOG:TGA:TUV:BRU:ESA:MLI:BAN:IRQ:COK:DMA:COM:MRI:SEY:INA:LAO:MAW:PAK:SGP:VIN:STP :SRI & :ALB . This next countries dont have any athletes in WA's recent results so I'm copyng what the got in Tokio 2020: :FSM & :PLW 
Men's Marathon - :CHA:MKD:SUD:SOM:CPV:LBA:JOR & :RWA 

Women's 100 - :GAB:CMR:MAD:CGO:KOS:GEQ:SSD:SEN:ANT:KUW & :URU. This next countries dont have any athletes in WA's recent results so I'm copyng what the got in Tokio 2020:  :MTN

Women's Marathon - :UAE:ZIM:KGZ & :ALG

I don't know how the three 800 quotas would be decided, is to open to foretell, but according to the world ranking, right now the three best at the men's are Saint Vincent, Guyana and Andorra; and in the woman's it would be: Sri Lanka, Uruguay and Iceland.

Edited by Jur

There are some countries that are more difficult to sort out:

· :CAM:COD:CAF & :HON have similar level athletes in both men's event, can go either way. 

· :TPE & :SOL similar level athletes in both women's event, can go either way. (C. Taipei already qualified in men's)

· :GUY:OMA:SWZ:MOZ:GUM:GUI:CAY:HAI:VIE:TKM & :PNG have similar level athletes in both 100 meterss, can go either way    

· :ISV has the similar level athletes in women's 100 and men's marathon, can go either (or even both) ways

· :LBN:AND:HKG:PAR & :ISL have similar level athletes in all events, can go any way.

· :YEM & :TLS  I have no idea, they have no athletes in either gender or event with results uop to two years. Also :DJI is already qualified in men's event and there's no women in either event in World Athletics. In past years, Timor Leste and Djibouti tend to compete with distance runners.

· :IRI:PHI:LBR:EST & :CHI probably wont need an invitation because they would probably qualify in both genders.

The same way that this five wont need an invitation, there would probably be new countries that would need one. But that is way more time consuming to try to predict. Maybe another day.

Edited by Jur

43 minutes ago, Jur said:

:ISV has the similar level athletes in women's 100 and men's marathon, can go either (or even both) ways

They have an athlete who may be able to get a quota in the women's 400m hurdles. In that case, I'd assume they'd use the invitation to send a male athlete.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Thank you so much @Jur

Yeah, @Olympian1010 I'm trying to check which countries get quotas via ranking from athletics, but obviously this changes everytime. But Michelle SMITH is the 38th on Race to Paris, from 40 quotas. On the edge, but there.

No Universality has been announced.

During the broadcast for ISA GAmes, Surfing has implied they knew already who got it, but were waiting to see if the athletes would qualify on their own (probably Candelaria Resano and Bryan Perez) and have mentioned they would be announced right after the ISA Games but nothing yet