website statistics
[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic
Posted

Got my first dose of the vaccine today :cheer:

The second dose is scheduled for August 4th. So when the nurse told me to wait for 15 mins after my jab and gave me a leaflet to read, I of course was reading a more important document, the Olympic schedule :d

Thankfully I won’t miss too much action. The individual jumping final in equestrian is on at that time but I can rewind it when I get home if needed. Considering how stressful watching Olympic final in jumping is it might be no harm to just read the updates instead of live viewing :d

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic
Posted
2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Right, out of nowhere, suddenly a combination appeared with the first one on 4 July (morning, easily in time before F1) and the second on 8 August (midway afternoon, when all sports at the Olympics is finished and only the closing ceremony I don't care about is going on), what an opportunity :d 

Took it right away, of course.

I hope I am equally as lucky when I register for mine next week :d 

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

I always thought I would take a gamble because it's not money and just points but at the same time I haven't a single clue about it. It could be any of them as far as I'm concerned :d. I think I will take my points :d. If I had any sort of grounding I would pick one but I don't. So final answer, taking the points :)

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

I am going to play. I think C is a con to make me think it sounds like electron, proton, neutron, etc because I have never heard of it. And I can't think what it relates to whales and sharks but hey-ho, let's go with that. B: final answer. I am dreading the backlash now if it does turn out to be anodes and cathodes :red:

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

I think unfortunately these skaters were competitive a little before my time. My gut says go for C, but your guess is as good as mine. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help here.

That's no problem. C and D were the 2 I was thinking are least likely and since athletes usually have numbers already, I thought numbers would be too confusing also. But I can't be sure that any of the options are incorrect so I have to skip this question and ask for another. Can I use my second lifeline?