website statistics
10 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

You’ve got huge mountains and plenty snow, just need more people willing to suffer life-changing injuries to be on TV.

We need proper funding for winter sports, the sports ministry & our NOC are only focussed on Summer games & sports. Getting more kids into winter sport is never a problem but getting proper funding & raising interest in winter sport is a big problem which can only be initiated by the NOC & sports ministry. 
Whatever little achievement we have in winter sports is solely due to individual athletes perseverance & effort. 
We as a nation are slowly putting efforts to make sports a priority & not just recreational pass time. Hopefully that will translate into participation & results in winter sports too. 

19 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

I personally more in favour of Delhi instead of Ahmedabad due to following reasons
1. Delhi already has sporting infrastructure. Track cycling events in 2022 National Games in Gujarat were held in Delhi
2. Largest airport in India

3. Delhi has a happening nightlife and many leisure activities to do while Gujarat is a dry state

4. Delhi itself has many historical monuments and has easy access to North India for any tourists wishing to experience beyond the Games

5. Delhi Metro is a spiderweb across Delhi with 10 lines while Ahmedabad Metro has just 2

6. Gujarat is a border state

You would have thought that Delhi rather New Delhi would have been the obvious  choice having already hosted commonwealth games but it is clear that the Central Govt & sports ministry want the games to take place in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Easy to guess why, with general elections coming next year & if there is a change, will be interesting to see if the new government will still propose Ahmedabad or somewhere else. 

Edited by Roamingrover86

2 hours ago, El Analyzer said:

:IND is closer than ever to be the host, by the way ..which City would be proposed in your opinion?

Ahmedabad in the state of Gujarat will be the proposed host city. They are building a lot of sporting infrastructure in the city with the aim to host major sporting events. 

Asian Games 2022
Posted
2 hours ago, MHSN said:

and after more than an hour India finally got what

what a disgrace, and that's what the English commentator said. 

when you invent a sport you want to develop , 1 gold medal more or less shouldn't matter much for you. 

and what a shame Iran continued the match, they had to leave the court 

Poor officiating by the match officials, it is a shame the match ended the way it did. As it was a fiercely contested high quality close match, all that you would want in a final. 

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

India won the toss befofe the match. I can't believe what I read. it's organization committees fault of course.

I think it is more to do with world ranking than coin toss. But LOC should have had a spare day for the final at least. Anyways, it is not unjust or unfair as the rules were agreed on before the games & was same for all teams. Also, the better team deservedly won 🥇

Asian Games 2022
Posted
47 minutes ago, MHSN said:

they just assembled a team in last 10 days. lots of clubs didn't release their players. 3 players left the team a day ago because their club insisted on having them back. It just doesn't worth sending a football team to the AG (unless it's in July/August)

Very valid point, with the growth of professionalism in Asian football , clubs are reluctant to loose players for non FIFA Matchday windows. Together with club domestic season & AFC champions league the calendar  is already full. 
India had a horrible time assembling a team of 22 players with the  team reaching some 18 hours prior our first match. Perhaps we won’t be sending a team for next games, if we do it will be our U18s or so. 

Asian Games 2022
Posted
1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

The North Korean 49kg weightlifter just appear out of nowhere, take the gold and break the WR. I think other categories may also repeat this fantasy. Not sure how IWF and IOC will handle their Olympics qualification. From my point of view, they are not constantly attending requiring tournaments and not being timely monitored doping status. So according to the qualification document, they should not be granted quotas.

They can’t qualify as per IWF rule book. They didn’t participate in the mandatory world championships , so are not eligible fir quota places.