website statistics
40 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

NBC cut in on their primetime show, I pulled up the stream so I'm not sure if it was West coast only or not.  Got awkward with the rescheduling.  More fodder for traditional sports fans here that the Olympic schedule isn't the nice neat put together puzzle that we're used to with a lot of our sports schedules.  At least we didn't have to stay up late for it!

It's definitely the future.  Hopefully come Paris 2024, there will be greater awareness and less complaining that people don't know how to find schedules (seriously folks, it's not that hard!)

It was definitely West Coast only.  We got our NBC local (Wash. DC) news at 11:00 to 11:35.  When I finally saw the race on NBC, they were about 1 hr, behind the finish.

26 minutes ago, Pifta said:

Why do skiiers leave Beijing on saturday evening/sunday morning? The closing ceremony is on sunday evening, they should be there

In an ideal Olympic World, I would agree.  But these guys have WC races in a week in Finland, and with Covid, and with all the restrictions they face in the closed-bubble, they just want to get out of China ASAP.