Posted
Just now, heywoodu said:

Unless it's a certain Spaniard who is basically at home at Roland Garros :evil:

:rofl: That shade tho.

Last time he got a warning he threatened the umpire, so... :d 

Tennis Wimbledon 2017
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, crovitlaci said:

I can't believe they didn't repeat the point..

Playing against any British player in Wimbledon is like playing against Turkish athlete in Turkey ;)  

Edited by Майкл

Tennis 2017 Discussion Thread
Posted

Well done Sascha and Elina! :bounce: Great to see some fresh faces winning big titles. 

Re: Novak, well, he was never going to win the title here and final is a great result for him these days. He was lucky enough to play against worn-out Thiem in the semis. All those UE's from Dominic surely didn't help Novak to get into the rythm. :d 

Hopefully Simona will be fine for RG.

9 hours ago, NikolaB said:

Murray is far the worst player ever on number one. 

It's nice Novak as top player again

Of course he's nowhere near that 'title'. :lol: 

Tennis 2017 Discussion Thread
Posted
On 02/03/2017 at 20:00, Wanderer said:

Most likely. Wondering what was the sum lol

I kinda hoped Peng could win the title (was convinced Elina would withdraw at some point) but now Barty winning the title would be amazing :hearts: 

Barty's comeback is quite a story :)

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread
Posted
10 hours ago, LDOG said:

Happy for Wawrinka, deserved title. I like Djokovic but winning a GS with 3 walkovers would have been a bit too much.

1 walkover + 2 retirements, to be precise :p 

Still, he was nowhere his best at this year's US Open and deservingly lost. Wawrinka raised his level once he survived match with Evans. Such matches always help players to play better for the rest of the tournament if they win them.

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread
Posted
1 hour ago, dareza said:

WIlander: "Novak has to prove that he is best in the world". Done, he will No1 at the end of 2016 probably.

Before match against Tsonga, Wilander said: "Tsonga is favorit against Novak and he will win.". This was stupidest ever statement of him :bowdown:

Before match against Gael: " I think that Monfils is favorite for final". Yes, he is in final. Oh, WAIT. :cry:

Wilander.:"Novak is not that good that he can beat Stan". Ok, this means title for Novak. 

I also think that Stan is favorite, but this guy Mats. :lol:  If Novak wins, this will be my favorite his gs title. 

He never said Stan was the favorite in the final... What he said was: If Stan shows up in the final and Novak doesn't improve significantly, he'll win (paraphrase) :dunno: 

Rule #1: Never trust Serbian press