website statistics
Your Top 3 Favourite National Anthems
Posted

NationalAnthems.png

With the year to go marks just passing for both the 2020 Summer Olympics and the 2020 Summer Paralympics, I thought it’d be fun to have friendly little vote and discussion about what is the best national anthem? Please look below for the rules.

Anthem Eligibility:

1.1: All anthems discussed and voted for below must be from current National Olympic Committees

1.2: Countries with unrecognized National Olympic Committees will not count (New Caledonia, Tahiti, Faroe Islands)

1.3: Because suspended NOC athletes and Refugees compete under the authority of the IOC, the Olympic Anthem is eligible

1.4: Rules on eligibility made be changed should such a need be recognized by the community

Voting and Voting Format:

2.1 Each participating user will choose their top 3 anthems and rank them Gold Medal, Silver Medal, Bronze Medal.

2.2 Additionally each user may also choose up to 2 extra anthems for special mention (this will be used as tiebreaker).

2.3 Users may not vote for their own NOCs national anthem

Anthem Ranking:

3.1 Anthems will be ranked using the Olympic Medal Table style.

3.2 Special Mentions will be used to break ties.

Rules Amendments:

4.1 Amendments may be added at any time.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Doping Cases and Bans 2019 Thread
Posted

@Federer91 Fair points, but that still doesn’t change the fact that Bolt’s retests haven’t come up as positive. It is hard nowadays to say with certainty that an athlete isn’t doping. I choose to go with a “innocent till proven guiltily” mindset and generally am willing to give athletes a second chance if they admit to cheating, apologize, change their behavior, and work towards becoming a positive role model.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted
Just now, Federer91 said:

Bolt could the best in more ways then one. The Lance for the next generation.

The difference with Lance was that everyone knew, but they could never catch. As I said, with the amount of retesting that has been done on Rio 2016 and London 2012 samples, there’s almost no way Bolt was cheating. Just because someone is the best in a sport/event doesn’t automatically make them a doper. 

Posted

Now I have to admit that I don’t understand why people have turned their attention to Bolt and gone after him. There is no evidence to suggest he participated in a doping scheme or anything of the sort. Going after Briana and Coleman I get but Bolt I don’t understand. With the amount of retesting on samples that has been done on the last few Olympics there is there is little chance he was doping.

Today was a weird day:

2018 Winter Paralympics - Biathlon: Sitting sprint

2018 Asian Games - Sepaktakraw: Team Regu Group Match 

2019 European Games - Opening Ceremony

I have a problem. I’m planning on watching some more Asian Games tomorrow, so maybe I have an addiction :p

For winter: 1980 will always mean the most to older Americans. I’d say our best games were actually Pyeongchang 2018 or Vancouver 2010.

for summer: I believe our NOC considers London 2012 as our best Olympics, but really we don’t often have a bad games. Maybe 1980 was our worst performance :p

Edited by Olympian1010

Olympic Videos & Pictures
Posted
47 minutes ago, dcro said:

Another epic event that got removed from the program... :(

The saddest of course being the Track Cycling tandem :evil: :wub:. Thank God the Paralympics resurrected the event.

Just now, uk12points said:

Best - Rio 2016 becoming the first nation ever to win more medals at the subsequent games than at their home games! And beating China to second place on the medals table. 

Worst - Atlanta 1996 we won just 1 gold medal, but it turned out to be exactly what we needed! The government and national lottery decided to invest in elite sport to ensure such a humiliation never happened again and it's only got better ever since!

Yes I do love the British Sports System. It has a few flaws, but I fell like there are more pros than cons.

5 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Summer games: Best in numbers were Amsterdam 28 & London 48 (3-3-1 both times). 

Worst were Montreal 76 and LA 84, zeroed both times with over 60 athletes. A very dark age for both the country and it's sport. 

In winter olympics it has been always been the same: nothing.

Argentina has been increasing its participation over the years though at the Winter Olympics.

Totallympics Media
Posted
Just now, heywoodu said:

You might want to list the events so people can say "Hey I can do that".

For those interest in helping, here’s a list as suggested by @heywoodu.

List:

US Open, 2019 Mediterranean Beach Games, Sailing World Cup, Judo World Championships, American Softball Olympics Qualification Tournament, MTB World Championships, FIBA World Cup

The rest we can cover. People can also write about events not mentioned if they wished too. They could even do one better and become a part-time or full-time reporter.

Totallympics Media
Posted (edited)

Guys we are seriously in need of more reporters. If you, or anyone you know would be interested; please them my way. We’re trying to cover 30 events in two weeks, and that’s impossible with only 2 full time reporters and 2 currently non-available part time reporters. 

Edited by Olympian1010

Posted
9 minutes ago, bestmen said:

They suspend people for cocaine/cannabis and not alcohol, they are stupid :lol:

You really got to look for the North Africans when they’re hopped up on lemonade too :p

Just now, ofan said:

Any team the United States is competing against

Any team Canada is getting silver too :p. There’s quite of few choices :lol:

Just now, heywoodu said:

That's how the Central African Republic or Sierra Leone or Congo or something at least get some rare news here, but countries like Benin...nope, nothing :p 

Benin been the news here lately. They had a complete, fair, and transparent democracy for the last 20 years. The current president decided 20 years was enough. Riots, protest, military shoots at opposition protestors, etc.

Just now, heywoodu said:

The less you generally hear about a country, the more I like it when they win. Benin or something, Mauritania, or Niger. The kind of country that literally never makes the news here.

Unless there’s a terror attack, Ebola outbreak, flood/famine, or coup :p

Anyone supporting certain countries at the African Games?

I always support 

:MRI

:SEY 

:CPV

:MOZ

And l like a lot of the Western African nations. :BEN, :TOG, :GAB, :SEN

anyone besides :EGY, :TUN, :ALG, :MAR, :RSA, :ZIM. They win too much, or don’t take the games seriously 

Totallympics Media
Posted
20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What would you like to see more of on Totallympics Media?

Interviews with athletes or some sort of background specials and whatnot.

Thanks for the responses :thumbup:. I have a very exciting interview dropping later today or tomorrow.

Totallympics Media
Posted

I’d like to know a few things for research, so if users could answer my questions by quoting this post that’d be great :yes.

A few quality control and enhancement questions:

How often do you read Totallympics Media?

Do you see Totallympics Media as a legitimate news source?

Would you be willing to read Totallympics Media more often?

How do you prefer to receive sports news;  written articles, audio service, or video services?

What would you like to see more of on Totallympics Media?

Sports Fails Thread
Posted

I think this belongs in this thread. I don’t know how responsible the crew is for this though. 

Sports Fails Thread
Posted
11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Last night in the Tour of Utah.

Still not better than one:

Totallympics Media
Posted

Here’s our new logos!:

Full Logo/Branding:

B39A51B7-59C1-40E3-83A6-EC98BE96113F.png

Icon/Short Form Logo:

974A6979-DDE9-48DC-B051-887D85259E4D.png