Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
bestmen

Summer Olympic Games 2024 News

hckosice    1,889
25 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

2024 additional sports to be announced by 2019 :cheer:

Any chance to return the C2 back to the canoe slalom program in Paris 2024 ? France as one of the lead countries in this may have a word in it, no ?

DaniSRB    543
4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Any chance to return the C2 back to the canoe slalom program in Paris 2024 ? France as one of the lead countries in this may have a word in it, no ?

Star women's C2 :d

• Haha 1

phelps    586
27 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

2024 additional sports to be announced by 2019 :cheer:

I hope they don't add almost anything (maybe just Squash, taking mixed doubles and team events off table tennis, tennis and badminton to make room for it), but they make huge adjustments to the 2020 program...

De_Gambassi    272
Il y a 2 heures , hckosice a déclaré:

That's not really up to the host city to choose that, but the IOC, right ? Sure they might try to push a bit for that to happen, but I don't see the IOC dropping its gender equality policy nor expanding the canoeing program anytime soon...

Il y a 2 heures , phelps a déclaré:

I hope they don't add almost anything (maybe just Squash, taking mixed doubles and team events off table tennis, tennis and badminton to make room for it), but they make huge adjustments to the 2020 program...

Squash, Climbing, Surfing and Karate thick to many boxes to be passed on IMHO. Besides, every time the question was asked, they always answered like multiple sports were on the table anyway.

I assume, we will see a similar number of extra sports and events than in Tokyo.

Edited by De_Gambassi
  • Like 1

Dragon    271
1 hour ago, De_Gambassi said:

That's not really up to the host city to choose that, but the IOC, right ? Sure they might try to push a bit for that to happen, but I don't see the IOC dropping its gender equality policy nor expanding the canoeing program anytime soon...

Squash, Climbing, Surfing and Karate thick to many boxes to be passed on IMHO. Besides, every time the question was asked, they always answered like multiple sports were on the table anyway.

I assume, we will see a similar number of extra sports and events than in Tokyo.

Squash instead of baseball is possible.

De_Gambassi    272
il y a 39 minutes, Dragon a déclaré:

Squash instead of baseball is possible.

It's much more than possible.

On a very side note, I'd never realized that the IOC had actual candidate cities bidding to host the freaking ioc cession. Bids that feature former top athletes, politicians, videos about nothing, ackward and pointless speeches. The whole package !

Sounds crazy to me .

Edited by De_Gambassi