website statistics

Equestrian at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

dcro

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Bohemia:

Oh my God I wanna cry :cry: I'm so happy, finally a medal, and a gold one!!! :champion::cheer::clap:

Congrats, of course i would have preferred a gold for Germany, but France taking the gold is better than Australia or New Zealand taking the gold, especially because you also have been pretty unlucky in Rio so far.

Its crazy that the german team still won the silver, although they couldnt have performed any worse. This could have been the easiest gold ever, but Klimke and Auffarth obviously were satisfied with their gold from 4 years ago and didnt want to win another one ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Meanwhile, this is the current standings in individual competition.

:GER Jung 40.90

:FRA Nicolas 42.00

:AUS Burton 45.60

:USA Dutton 47.80

:NZL Johnstone 51.30

Also I'm happy to report that :BEL Vanspringel made it into jumping final in 25th place. He is only a part-time rider while his full-time job is being a station master in Belgian railways. :d That's so cool

#banbestmen

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Canada4thewin:

Finally a medal for Germany Well done :yes

Yeah, we always start slow, i think 4 years ago it took even longer for us to win a medal. This time Biedermann (mens 200 free), Engleder (womens 10 m air rifle) and Hausding/Klein (mens 10 m synchronized) already could have won a medal, but it wasnt meant to be apparently ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

I think Jung will make at least one mistake in the second round, he didnt look too convincing in the first round, Nicolas could win his second gold today.