website statistics

Croatia National Thread

dcro

really great day for us (if we win in waterpolo fantastic)

Of course cannot add much to the gold medal, great job josip!

the shooters are our stars so far, gold plus two finals and still few chances, fingers crossed!

Cilic is through, Konjuh lost, but she was close in the first set

Sailing started very good. Stipanovic  1st after 2 race, Tina MIhelic 11th  but with great result in second race

Even Mratovic is good in 14th , which much better than i expected

The only really negative thing today was Gacina, he had actually a good draw, no chinese until semi final,

Well...

Edited by prso1000

Great Performance by Glasnovic! :clap:

It's our third medal in shooting and the first sport in which we have won a medal in three consecutive Summer Olympics.

Gacina was really disappointing. I was confident that he might reach the quarterfinals. He has beaten Samsonov several times in the past years i think. Ovtcharov probably would have been to much for him anyway.

Cilic from now on will really be tested. Even if he beats in-form Monfils, then probably Nishikori would be waiting. Its doable for him, but very tough. 

Our Handball Team seems to be in bad shape. I was hoping they can do a medal, now I doubt. I am afraid france and denmark will destroy us. And then with Tunis you never know.

Basketball, bit disappointIng,  but my expectations are low. QF would be great., and hopefully not against USA.

sailing, okish. Second day was not that good as first. Tonci and Bambi are still in the game. I am afraid Tina is out of the battle for medals, she needs few top finishes in the next regatas.

Today full concentration  on Matic and sailing. Čilic and water pool will be interesting as well.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Crolympic:

I'm a bit dissapointed with Matic in judo. I know she wasn't among favorites, but she didn't show much in her fight agenst lower ranked judoka.

I hope that we will have more luck in sailing today.

i agree, that was really disappointing

Sep is out as well, altough not a big surprise to me

Stipanovic is 1st after 6 of 10 races (+ medal race) and Fantela/Marenic had a good start into the competition with a 1st and a 2nd place.

Kljakovic Gaspic didn't have a good day, at the moment it doesn't look like he has a chance for a medal.

I hope that our basketball Team will now win two of the last three group games. One win against Nigeria might even be enough to reach the quarterfinals, but that would probably mean 4th place and a game against USA. To be eliminated in the quarterfinals wouldn't be tragic, but I would like us to have at least a realistic chance of going even further than that. Petrovic is sometimes really annoying and his behavior has hurt the Team, but I doubt that they would even be there without him.

Let's see if our handball team can turn things around. They certainly have to, if they want to challenge France, Denmark or possibly Germany in quarterfinals.

Semifinal in Single sculls will now take place on friday. Let's hope that Sinkovic Brothers and Pejcic can live up to expectations tomorrow.