website statistics
Jump to content
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

    Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

     

Snowboarding FIS Alpine World Championships 2021



Recommended Posts

  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The logo clearly says it's Rogla   @hckošice

This parallel snowaboard is totally low-hanging fruit, Joerg & Dujmovits in the mid-30s, Riegler in her late 40s. It's hilarious that the much-maligned Russia is one nation that actually has found

The one run format continues to be a joke.

German women and Russian men dominated the qualification runs (as expected)...

 

all 4 Italian men also in and among the top 11...

 

Ledecka didn't show up in the women's event following her injury from last week...

 

women's quali...

http://live.fis-ski.com/lv-sbpq6998.htm#/total

 

men's quali

http://live.fis-ski.com/lv-sbpq6997.htm#/total

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phelps said:

German women and Russian men dominated the qualification runs (as expected)...

 

all 4 Italian men also in and among the top 11...

 

Ledecka didn't show up in the women's event following her injury from last week...

 

women's quali...

http://live.fis-ski.com/lv-sbpq6998.htm#/total

 

men's quali

http://live.fis-ski.com/lv-sbpq6997.htm#/total

Was it really expected for the German women to dominate? I think the young Russian is the huge favorite and will win gold unless she falls, but maybe this is only the case for PS tomorrow?

You know who wears sunglasses inside?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Was it really expected for the German women to dominate? I think the young Russian is the huge favorite and will win gold unless she falls, but maybe this is only the case for PS tomorrow?

as a team, yes...

 

Nadyrshina is young and talented, but she's a newcomer at this level and I still think that Hofmeister & co. are the main favourites in absence of Ledecka...

 

however, should the Russian win, it wouldn't be a huge surprise...she definitely has good chances, too...

 

and with the single run format, mistakes and/or poor course conditions (which could cause a lot of surprises through the various rounds of the competition) are always behind the corner...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, phelps said:

as a team, yes...

 

Nadyrshina is young and talented, but she's a newcomer at this level and I still think that Hofmeister & co. are the main favourites in absence of Ledecka...

 

however, should the Russian win, it wouldn't be a huge surprise...she definitely has good chances, too...

 

and with the single run format, mistakes and/or poor course conditions (which could cause a lot of surprises through the various rounds of the competition) are always behind the corner...

Would have been interesting to see Ledecka vs. the Young Russian. Quite funny that the Germans dominate the World Cup (and possibly the World champs), but might very well end up with a bronze medal at the Olympics at best.

You know who wears sunglasses inside?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Provisional Medal Count After Event 2/4

 

Rank
Nation
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Total
1
WHT.gif Russian Ski Federation
1
1
1
3
2
GER.gif Germany
1
0
0
1
3
ITA.gif Italy
0
1
0
1
4
AUT.gif Austria
0
0
1
1
Total
192857frds9zgqqf9xsy4x.png Road 192857frds9zgqqf9xsy4x.png
to Beijing 2022
2
2
2
6


 

Final Medal Count Olympic Events Only
 
Rank
Nation
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Total
1
WHT.gif Russian Ski Federation
1
1
1
3
2
GER.gif Germany
1
0
0
1
3
ITA.gif Italy
0
1
0
1
4
AUT.gif Austria
0
0
1
1
Total
192857frds9zgqqf9xsy4x.png Road 192857frds9zgqqf9xsy4x.png
to Beijing 2022
2
2
2
6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...