website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

16 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

we all are running a page each in facebook..Let us all join together and share each other page and info and spread across and then make a one huge fan base.

Makes sense to share and spread each other's blogs and pages. Collaboration also a good idea once there is some traction.

3 hours ago, gvaisakh said:

Indian Athletes who have achieved the Qualification Standard (Max 3 per NOC in each event)

Men

Marathon (3) - Nitender Singh, Thonakal Gopi, Kheta Ram

Great analysis ...................   What is the scene in women's discus ...why is seema not there even amongst the one close- is she injured  .... also I think we have Basant Bahadur Singh Rana who clocked  4 : 07:24 at the recent jaipur nationals in the 50 km race walk which is just a 1:24 minutes of the A standard, also I remember a 20km women walker did well at the saf games came close  - I feel their name should also be added in the ones close to qualification as we have one place left in those disciplines 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

It’s a proud moment for an Indian club to have their player Richard Gadze go out on loan to HJK Helsinki, which is a top tier club from Finland. This is a first for an Indian club, to loan out a player to a club in Europe playing in the Europa League.:clap::clap:

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

7 hours ago, gvaisakh said:

Indian Athletes who have achieved the Qualification Standard (Max 3 per NOC in each event)

Men

Marathon (3) - Nitender Singh, Thonakal Gopi, Kheta Ram

20km Walk (9, max 3) - Gurmeet Singh, Krishnan Ganapathi, Sandeep Kumar, Irfan K T, Manish Singh, Davinder Singh, Baljinder Singh, Chandan Singh, Neeraj

50km Walk (2) - Sandeep Kumar, Manish Singh

Shotput (1) - Inderjeet Singh

Discus Throw (1) - Vikas Gowda

Women

800m (1) - Tintu Lukka

3000m Steeplechase (1) - Lalita Babar

Marathon (4, max 3) - O P Jaisha, Sudha Singh, Kavita Raut, Lalita Babar (Lalita announced that she will not participate in Marathon at Rio)

20km Walk (2) - Khushbir Kaur, Sapna Punia

Shotput (1) - Manpreet Kaur

Who can still qualify (the best effort during the qualification period is indicated)

Men
200m - Dharambir Singh (20.66s - 0.16s behind)
400m - Arokia Rajiv (45.57s - 0.17s behind)
Long Jump - Prem Kumar (8.01m - 0.14m behind), Ankit Sharma (7.89m - 0.26m behind)
Triple Jump - Renjith Maheswary (16.45m - 0.40m behind)
Javelin - Neeraj Chopra (82.23m - 0.77m behind)

Women
400m - Poovamma Raju (52.60s - 0.40s behind), Anilda Thomas (52.71s - 0.51s behind)
10000m - Loganathan Surya (32:39.86s - 0:24.86s behind), O P Jaisha (33:03.91s - 0:48.91s behind)
3000m Steeplechase - Sudha Singh (9:47.31s - 0:2.31s behind)
Triple Jump - Mayookha Johny (13.85m - 0.30m behind)
Javelin - Suman Devi (59.45m - 2.55m behind), Annu Rani (58.85m - 3.15m behind)
4*400m Relay - 8 slots available. India is currently 9th best among the nations not qualified. But Russia is suspended. So India is upto 8th hanging by thread

Neeraj Chopra is currently in quaification position. If any athlete passes hos.throw behind him then he is out.

Hockey India (HI) has decided to rest captain Ritu Rani for the eight-nation Hawke's Bay Cup to be held in New Zealand from April 2-10 as it announced the women's squad to be led by defender Deepika.....

Goalkeepers: Savita, Rajani Etimarpu

Defenders: Deep Grace Ekka, Deepika (captain), Sunita Lakra, Sushila Chanu Pukhrambam (vice captain), H. Lalruatfeli, Namita Toppo, Nikki Pradhan.
Midfielders: Lilima Minz, Navjot Kaur, Monika, Preeti Dubey
Forwards: Rani Rampal, Poonam Rani, Vandana Kataria, Anuradha Devi Thokchom, Sonika.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

Completed the remaining qualification scenario & timeline (4th post in the 1st page)

Key events that are happening this week

Badminton - Skycity NewZealand Open (March 22-27)

Boxing -  Asian & Oceania Olympic Qualifying Event, Qian'an (March 23-April 3, 2016)

I noticed that in Race to Rio list for badminton mixed doubles,

http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/ranking/category.aspx?id=10880&category=2156&p=3&ps=25

India qualifies the pair of Arun Vishnu and Aparna Balan, ranked 52. yay! i hope they hang on till the end of qualification period. They have only played 8 tournaments. If they played more, they would be ranked higher as bwf counts 10 best tournaments. This is where I fault Gopichand dominated BAI for lack of planning and understanding of opportunities.

Can Manu Atri and Ashwini Ponappa also play in Mixed doubles at the olympics as a pair as they may qualify thru' mens and womens doubles? or only the team that qualifies can play?

Qualification rules are detailed here:

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file.aspx?id=529944&dl=1

21 minutes ago, kd2008 said:

I noticed that in Race to Rio list for badminton mixed doubles,

http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/ranking/category.aspx?id=10880&category=2156&p=3&ps=25

India qualifies the pair of Arun Vishnu and Aparna Balan, ranked 52. yay! i hope they hang on till the end of qualification period. They have only played 8 tournaments. If they played more, they would be ranked higher as bwf counts 10 best tournaments. This is where I fault Gopichand dominated BAI for lack of planning and understanding of opportunities.

Can Manu Atri and Ashwini Ponappa also play in Mixed doubles at the olympics as a pair as they may qualify thru' mens and womens doubles? or only the team that qualifies can play?

Qualification rules are detailed here:

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file.aspx?id=529944&dl=1

It looks unlikely unless they play top ratted tournaments and qualify till QF at least. Since they have to gain around 30,000 points to be in the race....

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go