website statistics

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

• Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign In | Create an Account

OlympicIRL

Totallympics International Song Contest - Special Event

:WHT Totallympics Forum - 19 June 2020 - 9 August 2020 :WHT

Logo Coming Soon

Official Schedule

Irish Standard Time (GMT +1)

Friday, June 19th

18:00 Registration and Entries Selection Window Open

Friday, July 10th

23:55 Registration and Entries Selection Window Closed

Saturday, July 11th

15:00 Tournament Draw is made

Wednesday, July 22nd

TBD Tournament Matches - Group Stages

Thursday, July 23rd

Friday, July 24th

19:30 :olympicrings: Japan Day :olympicrings:

Saturday, July 25th

Sunday, July 26th

Monday, July 27th

Tuesday, July 28th

Wednesday, July 29th

Thursday, July 30th

Friday, July 31st

Saturday, August 1st

TBD Repechages (if needed)

Sunday, August 2nd

TBD Round of 16

Monday, August 3rd

TBD Round of 16

Tuesday, August 4th

TBD Quarter-Finals

Wednesday, August 5th

TBD Voting Day

Thursday, August 6th

TBD Semi-Finals

Friday, August 7th

TBD Voting Day

Saturday, August 8th

TBD Medal Matches

Sunday, August 9th

TBD TISC Tribute

• Like 1
  • Love 1

rules-clipart-cartoon.png

Registration and Song Selection:

• Participants must confirm their participation via Private Message only. This Private Message should be sent to the organiser @OlympicIRL during the registration period. This is to ensure that each user's choice of entry and nation is kept secret.

• Only one entry per nation is allowed and representation will be offered on a first come, first serve basis. Therefore it is important to book your nation of choice as early as possible. It is also recommended that you send a couple of back-up choice of nations in case your preferred nation has already been chosen. Participants will be informed as early as possible if their nation of choice has already been booked.

• To register, you must send your nation of choice and the song choice by private message to OlympicIRL during the official registration period. Please DO NOT post your registration or entry on thread as we want to keep the song choice of each participant secret.

• In the Private Message to confirm registration, participants may also include their choice of nation and song selection at that time. However, choice of nation and song selection can be made at any point during the registration period. However, it must be sent by Private Message only and within the registration period.

• Participants may only represent nations who have NEVER taken part in a TISC event. For a full list of eligible nations, please see here and the full list is also located at the end of this post.

• All songs must be ORIGINAL to the nation for which they are competing. In other words, if a song is a copy or cover of an original song by an artist from another nation, then it is ONLY permitted to participate for the nation of the artist who produced the original version. If the artist of the cover version is from the same nation as the original artist then the cover will be eligible to use as the entry if so wished.

• Songs that competed at Eurovision shall be excluded from competing in this TISC Special. However, songs which competed in a national final but were not put forward to represent their nation at Eurovision may be selected to compete at this contest.

• There will be no multi-juries. Members from the same nation are free to choose any nation they wish so long as that nation has not taken part in TISC previously and so long as that nation has not already been chosen by another participating user.

• Artists chosen to represent a nation must have been born in or be of the same nationality as the nation for which they are participating OR they must have more or equal association with that nation.

• In the case of bands, at least 50% of the band must be born in or be of the same nationality as the nation for which they are participating OR they should have more or equal association with that nation.

Competition Format:

• The competition will follow a round-robin group stage format followed by a knock-out phase to determine the champions. The specific format will be finalised when the final number of participants is known.

• Each match will consists of 1 vs 1 contests between songs with a select number of judges (members) voting on each match. Each judge's votes will not be revealed until the end of the contest so that the maximum level of secrecy can be kept intact.

• As all matches will be 1 vs 1 contests, to cast their vote, judges will simply vote for which of the two songs they prefer.

• Judges will not be involved in the matches of their own songs or in group matches involving the songs in the same group as that judge's entry.

• Where possible, each judge will vote on an equal amount of matches.

• All jurors will be asked to vote in the medal matches.

• The jurors voting in each match will be decided in advance of the contest by random draw and will be kept secret. Jurors will be informed in advance by private message from the organiser as to which matches they will be voting on and the times allocated to their voting schedule.

• The results of the matches will be revealed at a set time each day. The full schedule will be finalised when the final number of participants is known.

• Judges can continue and indeed are encouraged to continue to participate in the voting process even after their own entry has been eliminated.

Tie-Break Criteria:

• Ties will be allowed in group matches without any need to break the tie. Songs involved in the tie will be awarded an equal number of points.

• During knock-out matches and medal matches, ties will not be allowed to stand. As such all ties must be broken to determine the winner.

• To do so a panel of neutral judges before the start of the contest will be compiled and they will be called upon to break the tie by voting for their favourite song. This panel will be made created after the official registration period ends and the identity of these neutral judges will be made known on the thread before the tournament commences.

List of Eligible Nations and Territories:

Afghanistan

Albania

American Samoa

Andorra

Angola

Anguilla

Antigua & Barbuda

Armenia

Aruba

Bahamas

Bahrain

Bangladesh

Barbados

Belarus

Belgium

Belize

Benin

Bermuda

Bhutan

Bolivia

Bosnia & Herzegovina

Botswana

British Virgin Islands

Brunei Darussalam

Burkina Faso

Burundi

Cambodia

Cameroon

Cape Verde

Cayman Islands

Central African Republic

Chad

Chinese Tapiei

Comoros

Congo

Cook Islands

Costa Rica

Côte d'Ivoire

Cuba

Cyprus

Democratic Republic of Congo

Djibouti

Dominica

Dominican Republic

Ecuador

El Salvador

Equatorial Guinea

Eritrea

Eswatini

Ethiopia

Falkland Islands

Faroe Islands

Federated States of Micronesia

Fiji

French Guiana

French Polynesia

Gabon

Gambia

Georgia

Ghana

Gibraltar

Greenland

Grenada

Guam

Guatemala

Guinea

Guinea-Bissau

Haiti

Honduras

Hong Kong

Iceland

Iraq

Jamaica

Japan

Jordan

Kenya

Kiribati

Kosovo

Kuwait

Kyrgyzstan

Laos

Lesotho

Liberia

Libya

Liechtenstein

Luxembourg

Macao

Madagascar

Malawi

Malaysia

Maldives

Mali

Marshall Islands

Martinque

Mauritania

Mauritius

Mayotte

Monaco

Mongolia

Montserrat

Mozambique

Myanmar

Namibia

Nauru

Nepal

New Caledonia

Nicaragua

Niger

Nigeria

Niue Island

Norfolk Island

North Korea

North Macedonia

Northern Mariana Islands

Oman

Pakistan

Palau

Palestine

Panama

Papua New Guinea

Paraguay

Peru

Philippines

Puerto Rico

Qatar

Réunion

Rwanda

St. Helena

St. Kitts & Nevis

St. Lucia

St. Pierre & Miquelon

St. Vincent & the Grenadines

Samoa

San Marino

Sao Tome and Principe

Saudi Arabia

Senegal

Seychelles

Sierra Leone

Singapore

Solomon Islands

Somalia

South Africa

South Korea

South Sudan

Sri Lanka

Sudan

Suriname

Syria

Tajikistan

Tanzania

Thailand

Timor-Leste

Togo

Tonga

Tokelau

Trinidad & Tobago

Turkmenistan

Turks & Caicos Islands

Tuvalu

Uganda

United Arab Emirates

US Virgin Islands

Uzbekistan

Vanuatu

Vatican City

Yemen

Zambia

Zimbabwe

Hi everyone, just a few notes to get us started. This contest will be held officially in Japan as a way to mark the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and will take place over the course of the old Olympic schedule.

As such, I have scheduled a special Japan Day on the date the Opening Ceremony should have taken place (Friday, August 24th). On this day I want you all to post tributes to Japan - anything cultural, music-related, gaming related, whatever you want. It won't be possible to host a TISC ceremony on that date as it requires too much preparation for me to handle and I also have work on that day so please I would like your active participation with that idea. Please post whatever you can manage, be it formally or informally, it doesn't matter. The point is, we should celebrate Japan on that day.

Secondly, I will be adding to the schedule with different events throughout the course of the contest. Please give me some ideas for what you would like to have to help fill up the time. Again, this special contest is both a tribute to Japan and to TISC so any idea along those lines are most welcome.

I will not be available throughout the entire duration of the contest and therefore I encourage everyone to take control of this Special Event. If you have ideas or suggestions or anything you want to include as part of the calendar then feel free to go ahead and organise them. I will need everyone's help in this as I won't be able to take ownership of the entire thing.

Additionally on one of the days I want to organise a special TISC event that looks back to the very first contest in 2013. So I have prepared a full replay including a re-creation of the votes cast by each jury and the scoreboards for that contest so that we can re-live that contest and also so new users can experience it for the first time. I am not sure exactly when on the schedule that will take place yet but it will probably be a weekend. And of course it will not take an entire day like usual TISC contests, as it is a replay, it will be able to be condensed into a much shorter format.

Any questions, just post on thread and again, this Special event is for everyone to own, so please I encourage you all to actively participate in both organisation and taking part in the Special TISC event itself.

Thank you,

OlympicIRL

And again just to be clear, registrations begin today at 18:00 Irish time (GMT +1) and users must post them by private message.

• Like 1

When I wanna book my nation early, should I decide the song at the same time or can I decide the song later?

24 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

When I wanna book my nation early, should I decide the song at the same time or can I decide the song later?

You can decide the song later, just make sure you book your nation early so someone doesn’t steal it :) 

• Like 1

Will there be a list of reserved nations available somewhere?

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Will there be a list of reserved nations available somewhere?

I think it might be fun to keep it a secret until the end of registration and just keep updating the number of people who registered? Then we can do a big reveal and see if we are surprised that some nation wasn’t chosen? 

I will inform anyone who tries to choose a nation that is already booked to make sure they choose again. 

What do you think? Maybe it’s a bad idea? It could be frustrating I guess if someone keeps choosing already booked nations :d 

8 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I think it might be fun to keep it a secret until the end of registration and just keep updating the number of people who registered? Then we can do a big reveal and see if we are surprised that some nation wasn’t chosen? 

I will inform anyone who tries to choose a nation that is already booked to make sure they choose again. 

What do you think? Maybe it’s a bad idea? It could be frustrating I guess if someone keeps choosing already booked nations :d 

I guess we could go with that one... Unless someone can't pick a spare nation in 10 attempts or something. :p

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

30 minutes ago, dcro said:

I guess we could go with that one... Unless someone can't pick a spare nation in 10 attempts or something. :p

By which point they might as well join WINTERFEST :d