website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2022

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

CGAs qualified in Women’s T20 Cricket - :AUS:ENG:IND:NZL:PAK:RSA + a team representing the West Indies to be determined at a direct qualification event

I wonder if they will let any of the losing West Indies teams compete in the final qualifier. I'd give them a decent chance at defeating Bangladesh and Sri Lanka

46 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I wonder if they will let any of the losing West Indies teams compete in the final qualifier. I'd give them a decent chance at defeating Bangladesh and Sri Lanka

I’m not sure about that.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

What a joke!  Even Scotland, Zimababwe or PNG can defeat the depleted West Indies participating separately. Barbados is very strong and will qualify. Guyana cannot. 

A full strength west side is on the brink of not qualifying for the 8 team Women's World Cup . Sri Lanka, Pakistan ,Bangladesh and Thailand are the top 4 can't see how west indies can qualify unless for lack of practice for Asian teams due to covid. 

5 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

What a joke!  Even Scotland, Zimababwe or PNG can defeat the depleted West Indies participating separately. Barbados is very strong and will qualify. Guyana cannot. 

A full strength west side is on the brink of not qualifying for the 8 team Women's World Cup . Sri Lanka, Pakistan ,Bangladesh and Thailand are the top 4 can't see how west indies can qualify unless for lack of practice for Asian teams due to covid. 

I wouldn't be so sure . West Indies women have won the twenty20 WC in recent times and a number play in Aussie Big Bash

Of course in 20/20 there can be very strange results 

Anyway you need a team from the Americas in tournament for world balance 

35 minutes ago, rajiv said:

I wouldn't be so sure . West Indies women have won the twenty20 WC in recent times and a number play in Aussie Big Bash

Of course in 20/20 there can be very strange results 

Anyway you need a team from the Americas in tournament for world balance 

They did win the T20WC in 2016 and have been going downhill since. They finished 7th out of 8 in the 3 year ODI championship.Almost beaten by Thailand at the T20WC in 2020. West Indies is a collection of islands lacking enough talent on their own so you can't tell that. 

Balancing question doesn't come here West Indies are assured of 1 spot. No question of allowing them to participate in Qualifier as Guyana or Jamaica , taking a well deserved spot from Tanzania , Samoa or Malaysia from Qualifiers. 

2 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

They did win the T20WC in 2016 and have been going downhill since. They finished 7th out of 8 in the 3 year ODI championship.Almost beaten by Thailand at the T20WC in 2020. West Indies is a collection of islands lacking enough talent on their own so you can't tell that. 

Balancing question doesn't come here West Indies are assured of 1 spot. No question of allowing them to participate in Qualifier as Guyana or Jamaica , taking a well deserved spot from Tanzania , Samoa or Malaysia from Qualifiers. 

I think you are being too harsh on them. Depth would no doubt be a question, but the runner-up of the West Indies tournament should easily be able to handle the likes of Tanzania/Samoa/Malaysia. At the very least they should get a chance to show whether or not they have the strength to do so.

25 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I think you are being too harsh on them. Depth would no doubt be a question, but the runner-up of the West Indies tournament should easily be able to handle the likes of Tanzania/Samoa/Malaysia. At the very least they should get a chance to show whether or not they have the strength to do so.

No I'm not telling those nations would beat Jamaica or Guyana. But it would be a shame if they participate in qualifiers at the expense of those nations. Samoa, Tanzania etc don't get enough opportunities against the big teams so they deserve it more .

16 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

No I'm not telling those nations would beat Jamaica or Guyana. But it would be a shame if they participate in qualifiers at the expense of those nations. Samoa, Tanzania etc don't get enough opportunities against the big teams so they deserve it more .

Why would they deserve it more? It's also not like they will get to compete against the big teams, they have already qualified and it is very unlikely they will qualify to the Commonwealth Games over Sri Lanka/Bangladesh.

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Why would they deserve it more? It's also not like they will get to compete against the big teams, they have already qualified and it is very unlikely they will qualify to the Commonwealth Games over Sri Lanka/Bangladesh.

They deserve it more because it's important for government funding that they atleast get to participate in the qualifiers. If they can't even be to that stage it may make the govt or cricket body to withdraw the funding.  For West Indies islands it doesn't matter ,just a random tournament. 

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately COVID continues to affect planning even for events next year.

The 2022 Commonwealth Archery and Shooting Championships in India have been cancelled because of the coronavirus crisis in the host nation.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1109691/cwg-archery-shooting