website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

6 hours ago, KingOfTheRhinos said:

Climate change increases the risk of a wildfire, fire seasons are longer and these fires become more dangerous.

1 million hectares have been burnt in New South Wales and it's only mid November.

Our fire season ends in March!

Sad reality for my beautiful state too.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, KingOfTheRhinos said:

Turnbull isn't even in power anymore.

He was replaced by Scott Morrison in 2018 where he won the 2019 election against labour party leader bill shorten who later stepped down.

Yeah I thought I was wrong the minute I wrote that. Sorry bout that. 
Morrison’s an ass. I remember his statement after the New Zealand shooting. Y’all should elect that kid who egged him to federal office :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Vojthas said:

I would strongly disagree with that one.

Bit confused by this. The opposition would be that Hitler was a good leader, and I’m 100% certain that’s not what you mean. 

42 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Influence doesn’t make you a journalist. Hitler had some large influence too, but that didn’t make him a good leader, person, or journalist.

Controlling what gets known by the public doesn’t make a journalist, if anything it makes you a heavy handed dictator.

You're spiralling out of control. If you bring up Hitler to allegedly prove Murdoch is not a journalist then you've completely lost it :dunno: 

24 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Bit confused by this. The opposition would be that Hitler was a good leader, and I’m 100% certain that’s not what you mean. 

That is exactly what I mean - an Austrian who convinced the Germans that he's the one, for whom they should vote and who leaded the anti-semitic repressions in a country of Einstein. Heine or Mendelssohn, won a democratic elections and introduced a totalitarism with little protests... How can you not call him a great leader? A bad man, person, human - that's for sure.

24 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

You're spiralling out of control. If you bring up Hitler to allegedly prove Murdoch is not a journalist then you've completely lost it :dunno: 

They’ve both tired to control people. They’ve both spread continued misinformation. They both lead campaigns of hate through their various platforms.