website statistics

Wrestling Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Totallympics

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1089790/asian-olympic-qualifier-coronavirus

we have 3 candidates to replace China, perfect candidates. Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and South Korea !!! :facepalm:

if I was a wrestler I would prefer to take that risk and go to China instead of going to those 3 countries for an Olympic qualifier. all 3 of them are notorious when they host wrestling competitions. they cheat with no shame. Kazakhstan already cheated big time in World Championships both with officiating and with the draw. and it seems even that is not enough for them and they want more ! :wall:

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1089790/asian-olympic-qualifier-coronavirus

we have 3 candidates to replace China, perfect candidates. Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and South Korea !!! :facepalm:

if I was a wrestler I would prefer to take that risk and go to China instead of going to those 3 countries for an Olympic qualifier. all 3 of them are notorious when they host wrestling competitions. they cheat with no shame. Kazakhstan already cheated big time in World Championships both with officiating and with the draw. and it seems even that is not enough for them and they want more ! :wall:

I understand Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan but i am surprised to hear about Korea. 2002 football WC was indeed big scam, though.

1 hour ago, ChandlerMne said:

I understand Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan but i am surprised to hear about Korea. 2002 football WC was indeed big scam, though.

Well the Korea neighbor China knows it very well. Big events include 2018 Winter Olympic Short Track Speed Skating, 1988 summer Olympic Boxing, 2002 FIFA World Cup and 2014 Asian Games badminton. Korea would take very advantage of the host field and influence judges very much. 

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

And China wouldn’t have done the same? :mumble:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Well the Korea neighbor China knows it very well. Big events include 2018 Winter Olympic Short Track Speed Skating, 1988 summer Olympic Boxing, 2002 FIFA World Cup and 2014 Asian Games badminton. Korea would take very advantage of the host field and influence judges very much. 

I thought that they changed their policy. :)

Pitty indeed. 

But i have never seen so much robbing as in Turkey, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan. They are masters.

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

And China wouldn’t have done the same? :mumble:

host countries usually try to take advantage but in certain countries in certain sports, there is no limit for them, they do EVERYTHING they can to get results. I'm saying this after years of following sports in Asia, specially this sport of wrestling !

Kazakhstan hosted the World Championship not long time ago and their average freestyle team finished 2nd !!!! I think they never even made it to top 10 before but this year all of a sudden 9 out of their 10 wrestlers received unbelievable easy draws ! I'm sure none of you guys believe me when I say the draw was fixed. you probably think "no way, that's not possible" but this is not co-incidence UWW changed the draw system after that.

On 28/01/2020 at 21:55, MHSN said:

China media said the qualifiers would replace to India, do you have any source to confirm?