website statistics

Some Tokyo 2020 olympics medal posts

Some Tokyo olympics medal polls  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the most gold medals in Tokyo olympics?

• China
    • United States
    • Any other
  2. 2. Who will be 3rd in the Tokyo olympics medal table, according to number of gold medals won?

• Australia
    • France
    • Germany
    • Great Britian
    • Italy
    • Japan
    • Korea Rep.
    • Netherlands
    • Russian Olympic Committee
    • Any other
  3. 3. These are some countries which didn't get a gold medal in Rio. Which of them will get a gold in Tokyo? (Multiple choice)

• Algeria
    • Austria
    • Bulgaria
    • Egypt
    • Estonia
    • Finland
    • India
    • Ireland
    • Israel
    • Latvia
    • Lithuania
    • Malaysia
    • Mexico
    • Mongolia
    • Morocco
    • Nigeria
    • Norway
    • Peru
    • Philippines
    • Portugal
    • Qatar
    • Venezuela

4 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

@OlympicsFan No Japan in Top 4?

No, don’t see where 20+ golds should come from, which is probably what it will take to finish top 4. I really like that Japan didn’t try as desperately as GB pre-2012 for example to win more medals at their home Olympics. I always admired Japan and South Korea for not wasting shitloads of tax payer money to become better in something as irrelevant as professional sports. Obviously hosting the Olympics doesn’t really fit that strategy ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

No, don’t see where 20+ golds should come from, which is probably what it will take to finish top 4. I really like that Japan didn’t try as desperately as GB pre-2012 for example to win more medals at their home Olympics. I always admired Japan and South Korea for not wasting shitloads of tax payer money to become better in something as irrelevant as professional sports. Obviously hosting the Olympics doesn’t really fit that strategy ...

Even I don't see Great Britain in top 6. Don't know from where you are giving them chance for a top 4.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

well, it all depends on Judo and women's Wrestling...they could easily win 11/12 gold medals between those 2 sports...

and then the 20 Gold medal target is not a dreamy one...add something in Softball, Baseball, Gymnastics, Trampoline, Karate (at least the 2 Kata events), Skateboarding (women's Park is a locked Gold), the 2 men's Race Walking events in Athletics, maybe something in Archery and Sailing (both 470 classes)...

I mean, it might be extremely optimistic, but it's not totally out of order (if everything works in their favor)...

9 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Even I don't see Great Britain in top 6. Don't know from where you are giving them chance for a top 4.

Track Cycling, Rowing, Sailing, Athletics, Swimming, Gymnastics, women's 3-position rifle, Equestrian, Triathlon, Boxing, Taekwondo, Canoeing...they have a lot of Gold medal chances...remember how many medals they won in Beijing, London and Rio...

maybe they're going to lose something, but not going back to the old days of Atlanta (and not even those days of Sydney and Athens)...

I think GBR and JPN would eventually fight for the places 3 through 5 of the medal table (together with Russia...I refuse to name that farce, ROC)...

15 minutes ago, phelps said:

Track Cycling, Rowing, Sailing, Athletics, Swimming, Gymnastics, women's 3-position rifle, Equestrian, Triathlon, Boxing, Taekwondo, Canoeing...they have a lot of Gold medal chances...remember how many medals they won in Beijing, London and Rio...

maybe they're going to lose something, but not going back to the old days of Atlanta (and not even those days of Sydney and Athens)...

I think GBR and JPN would eventually fight for the places 3 through 5 of the medal table (together with Russia...I refuse to name that farce, ROC)...

Things have changed. I no longer see Britain getting enough golds from those sports like Rio. 

4 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

In which sport Phillipines getting gold? 

Boxing (Eurmir Marcial, men's Middleweights...he's really among the favourites)...

but they have outside shots also in Karate (women's kumite -55kg) and Gymnastics (the already named Carlos Yulo)...