website statistics

Equestrian Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

dcro

39 minutes ago, intoronto said:

So if China fails to meet the standard....Canada qualifies a team in jumping? 

Yeah, technically Hong Kong and Taiwan are first in, but since they have no hope of attaining MERs, it would be Canada as the next best from WEG.

As for China, a lot of their riders disappeared after the pandemic started. My guess is they returned to China and got stuck there (oh boy). Aside from already qualified Zhang Xingjia, only Zhang You is trying to get his MERs in order right now (but not succeeding).

#banbestmen

6 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

Wow, thanks a lot for the information. I knew that they all re-confirmed their MER last year (2020). And for all eventing and jumping. What I read above is that all the competitors are supposed to re-confirm the MER also in the 2021 season. That is why I was asking in our Federation but haven't got their reply yet. .... If it was enough from 2020, they all are secured and can go. If it must be re-confirmed in 2021, then I don't know yet. 

Either 2020 or 2021 is fine. Only standards obtained in 2019 needed to be re-confirmed.

MER status of each athlete / nation can be checked here (for jumping, only).

#banbestmen

12 minutes ago, dcro said:

Either 2020 or 2021. Only standards obtained in 2019 needed to be re-confirmed.

MER status of each athlete / nation can be checked here (for jumping, only).

Thanks a lot. As I checked some information, all :CZE for Eventing should be alright. As for eventing, there are surely 2 :CZE who matches the standarts - Miloslav Prihoda Jr. and Miroslav Trunda. For MER should be also OK Pavel Brezina and Petr Lacina. And as mentioned above, there should be 4 Czechs to reach MER in jumping. So it seems that what quota :CZE originally got, should remain the same. 2 spots for Eventing and 3 spots for Jumping (individual + team). 

18 hours ago, Dolby said:

:fingers:

Home safe aboard Seigneur Medicott.

Now he will have exactly one attempt for the CCI4*-L level. Either Montelibretti (May 20-23), Baborowko (May 27-30) or Millstreet (June 3-6). My guess would be Baborowko.

#banbestmen

47 minutes ago, dcro said:

Home safe aboard Seigneur Medicott.

Now he will have exactly one attempt for the CCI4*-L level. Either Montelibretti (May 20-23), Baborowko (May 27-30) or Millstreet (June 3-6). My guess would be Baborowko.

He achieved or failed? 

8 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

He achieved or failed? 

He achieved the CCI4*-S standard today, but still needs CCI4*-L, for which he will have one attempt.

The standards are more or less the same, with the main difference being that 'CCI4*-S' stands for short format (6-7 minutes of cross-country), while 'CCI4*-L' stands for long format (10 minutes cross-country).

#banbestmen