website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

8 minutes ago, Vivek said:

Is their any hope for Indian women 4x400 relay team to qualify for Rio2016?  

We are keeping our fingers crossed. At the moment they are not in the qualifying spot.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

Seven Indian shuttlers qualify for Rio Olympics

Though the Badminton World Federation will be making an official statement in a few days..

It's sure now that Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu, Kidambi Srikanth, Jwala Gutta, Ashwini Ponnappa, Manu Attri and Sumeeth Reddy — ­ have qualified for Rio.

Injury suffered by P Kashyap reduced that tally to 7.

22 hours ago, Prashanth said:

How many sports events are we going to qualify in.....13 was last time is it 13 or upto 15....What do you all guess it would be.:mumble:

Definitely 15 according to me ............

wikipedia shows 11 as of now ( including badminton ) ,,,,,, in addition surely golf , tennis  almost surely judo  and swimming .... most other sports are closed .....we are still in the race for beach volleyball but almost no chances .................. other than this wild card possibility is sailing ...i am not sure if the wild cards have been assigned ???...so 15 almost surely ............. if wildly lucky one more .......the highest qualification in terms of sports was 14 at the 2004 ( athens ) games ....we will surely beat that here I feel 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

8 hours ago, Vivek said:

Is their any hope for Indian women 4x400 relay team to qualify for Rio2016?  

I believe there is good chance as their score was very good at the Asian games ...they need to do not too much to qualify ,..... with scores by anilda  in the recent fed games I believe they can do it ..............

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Lili Das is a good prospect for future.....Ran a good race in 1500m in Junior and broke the Junior Nr and was close to timing of Jaisha in Fed Cup. Though far away from NR timing of Jaisha...

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

3 hours ago, Prashanth said:

Lili Das is a good prospect for future.....Ran a good race in 1500m in Junior and broke the Junior Nr and was close to timing of Jaisha in Fed Cup. Though far away from NR timing of Jaisha...

So, here's one for PT Usha to work on. I saw no one pushing Jaisha in Fed cup, so I feel she needs to be pushed to senior level immediately, also 17 yr old so can improve rapidly with the growing muscles, being optimistic outside chance even for Rio maybe, should participate in the Senior Inter state.

The Grand prix II has the 5000m event, both Suriya & Jaisha should participate together, can push each other to qualify for Rio, there's no point in participating separately in 1500m and 5000m without any competition.