website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

41 minutes ago, Suneet said:

Our women's team loses the bronze medal match at the Archery World Cup. Again the last shooter disappoints. Nerves can get at you. Mental training required? :mumble:

Everybody shot badly - I saw the match. Even Deepika had 2 8's in her first four arrows and managed 10's only on her last 2 arrows by which time it was too late. Bombayala shot 2 10's but also managed 2 7's. And Majhi never got a 10.

11 minutes ago, kapil857 said:

Everybody shot badly - I saw the match. Even Deepika had 2 8's in her first four arrows and managed 10's only on her last 2 arrows by which time it was too late. Bombayala shot 2 10's but also managed 2 7's. And Majhi never got a 10.

Yes, but the 7s were the last arrows. I didn't mean to say that we lost due to the last archer but there seems to be some mental block when it comes to the last shot. Bombayla scored 29/30 on her first arrow each set while her second shot in each set - which was also the last shot of the team - fetched only 23/30. Similar was the case day before in the men's team qualifiers for Rio. Probably they could work on their mental toughness or if one of the other 2 archers tends to perform well under the immense pressure of the last shot, then we should look to change the order in which they shoot.  

13 hours ago, tirtha22 said:

Someone posted in athletics qualification thread that Sahana Kumari from India is participating in Ukraine nch , whatever it means...

Can someone post link to that event?

Her event happened 2 days back. She needed to break her own NR of 1.92m to make it through Rio, however, ended at a paltry 1.80m!

18 minutes ago, Suneet said:

Yes, but the 7s were the last arrows. I didn't mean to say that we lost due to the last archer but there seems to be some mental block when it comes to the last shot. Bombayla scored 29/30 on her first arrow each set while her second shot in each set - which was also the last shot of the team - fetched only 23/30. Similar was the case day before in the men's team qualifiers for Rio. Probably they could work on their mental toughness or if one of the other 2 archers tends to perform well under the immense pressure of the last shot, then we should look to change the order in which they shoot.  

Didnt watch today's matches or the men's team qualifiers, so don't know for certain but I think it could be also be a case of archers taking too much time for first 5 shots and hence the last archer rushing the shot resulting in low score. 

1 hour ago, Suneet said:

Your info is wrong. Deepika was the last archer whereas Bombayala was the first archer. At least one of the 7s shot by Bombayala was the first arrow of the 3rd set. I think that at the archery website, the scores within a set are being displayed best to worst as opposed to the actual order in which they were shot. Same was the case in earlier matches as well..