website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

@Vivek

4*400 women has a good chance even if they do not improve - Not safe by any chance 

4*400 men has to have another run close to / or improve   the score they made earlier this month if they are to be in with a chance , currently they are not even in the top 24 as the average of two runs is taken ..................

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Time is running out for Indian Athlete's. 11th July cutoff is coming. This month I think they have not won any new quota. Still stayed with 96. 3 from golf and 2 from swimming will add soon. Now 4 from women 4x400 relay is looking only possibility. Things very very tough for boxers. Hopes are from Devendro Singh, but in his weight category only two finalists will qualify, so he has a long way to go. In vikas category 5 quota places are their, so he has to reach semis at-least to confirm his place. now I think we have to forget 120 and will settle for something between 105-110.  

Edited by Vivek

16 minutes ago, Vivek said:

Time is running out for Indian Athlete's. 11th July cutoff is coming. This month I think they have not won any new quota. Still stayed with 96. 3 from golf and 2 from swimming will add soon. Now 4 from women 4x400 relay is looking only possibility. Things very very tough for boxers. Hopes are from Devendro Singh, but in his weight category only two finalists will qualify, so he has a long way to go. In vikas category 5 quota places are their, so he has to reach semis at-least to confirm his place. now I think we have to forget 120 and will settle for something between 105-110.  

The archery was a disaster, poor planning, but I still feel we will get close to 120. Men's 4X 400 will also surely make it, the next competition they participate in they will be in top 16, even below I feel, also Russia most likely to be suspended, OP is participating this week-end, expect her to get a quota, Siddhanth and Dutee are close, hopefully they will get it and I can't believe we will not have any jumpers this time, surely someone will make it. So with golf & swimming, we are reaching 115, add boxing whatever we get, should be close to 120.

4 minutes ago, Sanjib said:

The archery was a disaster, poor planning, but I still feel we will get close to 120. Men's 4X 400 will also surely make it, the next competition they participate in they will be in top 16, even below I feel, also Russia most likely to be suspended, OP is participating this week-end, expect her to get a quota, Siddhanth and Dutee are close, hopefully they will get it and I can't believe we will not have any jumpers this time, surely someone will make it. So with golf & swimming, we are reaching 115, add boxing whatever we get, should be close to 120.

with golfers and swimmers we are reaching 101. 101 is assure now. if we add both 4x400 relay team we will go to 109. Still deficiency of 11. Siddharth, Dutee & OP will make 3 more. If we wins two in Baku and gets wild card for Marry Com than we will make it to 115. I hope your words proves correct and we cross 120 mark. However this month in Athletics we didnt won any new quota and failure in Men Archery has stoped our march towards 120. In early June & May end, we were even thinking of crossing 120 very easliy. It was looking something sround 125, but now so many athletics competition are going around but are not generating any new quota, that is why I am little sad.  

33 minutes ago, Vivek said:

with golfers and swimmers we are reaching 101. 101 is assure now. if we add both 4x400 relay team we will go to 109. Still deficiency of 11. Siddharth, Dutee & OP will make 3 more. If we wins two in Baku and gets wild card for Marry Com than we will make it to 115. I hope your words proves correct and we cross 120 mark. However this month in Athletics we didnt won any new quota and failure in Men Archery has stoped our march towards 120. In early June & May end, we were even thinking of crossing 120 very easliy. It was looking something sround 125, but now so many athletics competition are going around but are not generating any new quota, that is why I am little sad.  

I hope OP participates in 5000m, she is strongest in that event,  also Suriya should participate in the same, not sure why she is missing, thought she had a good chance in middle distance. In the fed cup I saw Renjith get close to 16.90m, but was a foul jump, so he has a chance so does Mayookha, hopefully she is fit, so all is not lost, there's also a national Interstate next week someone may surprise, Amiya is also fit and coming back and don't under-estimate Dharambir in 200m,he has the NR of 20.66s, we have seen some athletes repeatedly perform and fail by a distance in the last few weeks, a new crop is coming in, hope to hear some better news.

Hockey

India to participate in six nation tournament in Valencia, Spain.

The other teams participating are Argentina , New Zealand , Germany , Ireland and Spain

Indian take on Germany in the opening match on June 27

Squad:

Goalkeepers: PR Sreejesh (VC) Vikas Dahiya;

Defenders: Rupinderpal Singh, VR Raghunath, Kothajit Singh, Surender Kumar, Harmanpreet Singh, Birendra Lakra;

Midfielders: Danish Mujtaba, Chinglensana Singh Manpreet Singh, Sardar Singh (Captain), SK Uthappa, Devindar, Sunil Walmiki, Harjeet Singh; Forwards: Talwinder Singh SV Sunil, Akashdeep Singh, Ramandeep Singh, Nikkin Thimmaiah.

Athletics

Polish meet, Kedzierzyn-Kozle, 18 June

W-400-R2: Poovamma 53.18 (1), Debashree Majumdar 54.52 (2), J. Murmu 54.75 (3) 

400 R3: Sumit Kumar 47.45 (1). W-400-R1: Anu Raghavan 54.27 (1), Panwar 54.49 (2), Sini Jose 55.11 (3) 

400-R1: Dharun 47.08 (2), Kunhu Mohd 47.09 (3); R-2: Lalith 46.88 (1) Mohan Kr 46.89 (2) 

Gymnastics

Dipa Karmakar is spending most of her time in Delhi’s Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium with coach Bisweswar Nandi. This is to ensure she doesn’t over-exert. Recently, the sports ministry asked Dipa and Nandi if they want to train abroad. They turned down the offer, instead asking the government to procure the same vaulting table that will be used for the Olympics and will help her improve her landing.