website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

57 minutes ago, Adriano said:

From the polish view could be different = people from right closed to nationalistic groups. Some time just unstable people, sometimes "painters and artist". 

In theory, yes, they are close allies.

In reallity, i dont see nationalism as its seen by the left, as something necessarily bad. I see nationalism solely as a love for own country. Of course, it mustnt include any form of xenophobia, only then nationalism starts to be dangerous. It could be something that happens in Poland or any other country. 

My country(ies) was led by radical left and i know what they were capable of.

3 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

In theory, yes, they are close allies.

In reallity, i dont see nationalism as its seen by the left, as something necessarily bad. I see nationalism solely as a love for own country. Of course, it mustnt include any form of xenophobia, only then nationalism starts to be dangerous. It could be something that happens in Poland or any other country. 

My country(ies) was led by radical left and i know what they were capable of.

It's the same here, the radical left is full of miserable people who find something to be offended about and complain 24/7, and hate anything to do with the Greek flag or history or religion. They will gladly protest in the streets for issues/injustices impacting other countries that have absolutely nothing to do with Greece, but commemorating Pontian Greek genocide victims (annual day is 19 May so it's coming up)? Protesting for Cyprus or for the rights of the oppressed Greek minority in Albania? They do not care about these "nationalistic" issues and people like myself who care about these issues are seen by them as "racists" "[insert whatever word] - phobes" "fascists" "neo Nazis" etc.

I have attended some of these "right wing" "national issues" rallies in the past and I will agree that occasionally a small minority of the people there chanted really terrible things which I did not agree with about immigrants and about people from some of our neighbouring countries, but the left wing media exaggerates very much. Most of the people there are not "fascists" or "racists".

They pretend to care about "human rights" but really they care about human rights for everyone else in the world except for other Greeks...

5 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Oh really?  I think the Islamist/Leftist connection is pretty clear by now.

Pretty obvious that the Western Left and the Jihadi lads are natural allies for the time being  in that both want to tear down liberal bourgeois democracy.

The alliance may not last if they are successful but we aren't there yet

7 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Oh really?  I think the Islamist/Leftist connection is pretty clear by now.

The Van Gogh murder was nothing but a terrorist attack by some radical guy, that had nothing to do with 'the political left'. But go ahead and believe that if it does make you feel better :p 

Radical left, radical right, radical religious, as soon as someone is radical one way or another it's just not good.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

The Van Gogh murder was nothing but a terrorist attack by some radical guy, that had nothing to do with 'the political left'. But go ahead and believe that if it does make you feel better :p 

Any attack on political freedoms is a political attack.

7 hours ago, Makedonas said:

It's the same here, the radical left is full of miserable people who find something to be offended about and complain 24/7, and hate anything to do with the Greek flag or history or religion. They will gladly protest in the streets for issues/injustices impacting other countries that have absolutely nothing to do with Greece, but commemorating Pontian Greek genocide victims (annual day is 19 May so it's coming up)? Protesting for Cyprus or for the rights of the oppressed Greek minority in Albania? They do not care about these "nationalistic" issues and people like myself who care about these issues are seen by them as "racists" "[insert whatever word] - phobes" "fascists" "neo Nazis" etc.

I have attended some of these "right wing" "national issues" rallies in the past and I will agree that occasionally a small minority of the people there chanted really terrible things which I did not agree with about immigrants and about people from some of our neighbouring countries, but the left wing media exaggerates very much. Most of the people there are not "fascists" or "racists".

They pretend to care about "human rights" but really they care about human rights for everyone else in the world except for other Greeks...

Agreed 100%.

I can feel your POV without difficulties, nevermind the physical distance.

On the side note - whoever felt comunism and its terror can understand what radical left means.