website statistics

Athletes Deaths Thread

Dragon

11 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

all possibilities that it wasn't only her ego that was the problem

Well, if you got two elite athletes going at it then it's anyone's guess who was more to blame. Happens all the time in sports. Men also throw punches but women doing so kinda raises the drama factor by default.

16 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Men also throw punches but women doing so kinda raises the drama factor by default.

off topic and probably not so appropriate giving the circumstances...

but, man, I already have seen women punching eachother like crazy for no reason in my life :p

Edited by hckošice

@hckošice what happens in that case? Fighting is very frowned upon at the international level, right?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Dragon said:

It really sounds like her support team let her down. What a shame :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Well, if you got two elite athletes going at it then it's anyone's guess who was more to blame. Happens all the time in sports. Men also throw punches but women doing so kinda raises the drama factor by default.

I love some causal sexism :wacko:

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@hckošice what happens in that case? Fighting is very frowned upon at the international level, right?

No real idea to be honest, probably some provocations during the match which then escalated to that last boarding and erupted on that brawl... To be fair I never saw such massive brawl in women hockey before

30 minutes ago, hckošice said:

No real idea to be honest, probably some provocations during the match which then escalated to that last boarding and erupted on that brawl... To be fair I never saw such massive brawl in women hockey before

No, I meant will :BUL:ROU face disciplinary sanctions or anything like that from the IIHF?

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, I meant will :BUL:ROU face disciplinary sanctions or anything like that from the IIHF?

I haven´t heard of anything like that. Maybe one or two games suspension for players with match penalty will be moved to next year but other than that I really doubt 

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I love some causal sexism :wacko:

Welcome to the real world. In WTA there was a silent ban for a player who started a catfight with another player and I guess there is a reason for that. Meanwhile in NBA you have Draymond Green punching Jordan Poole and everyone is laughing & joking in the media. No real drama in sight. Women hold grudge against each other much longer than men so that also allows the drama to play out longer.

Just last week Eugenie Bouchard was trying to stir the pot by tweeting about beating players busted for doping after beating Dayana Yastremska in Madrid and was swiftly put down to her place after WTA reminded her Yastremska was cleared of doping (as shaky as her excuse was) and Bouchard was forced to delete her tweets and apologize. That is only a minor drama because Bouchard isn't relevant enough on the grand scale anymore and lost her next match anyway.