website statistics

Track Cycling at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Just now, heywoodu said:

Not even remotely :d 

We'll get to that when both pursuit teams are serious medal contenders (they don't even really have a team yet) and distance events bring the same results as the men's sprint events :p 

I suspect the Dutch are about to win a gold medal in a long distance event in a little under an hour :P

But ya, the Dutch dominance at these games is really only in the men's sprint events.

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

I suspect the Dutch are about to win a gold medal in a long distance event in a little under an hour :P

But ya, the Dutch dominance at these games is really only in the men's sprint events.

I mean, gold is gold, but women's madison....talk about uncompetitive events :d 

Although at least it's not as awful as the 2019 (?) world champs anymore where half the field was simply unable to either stay on their bike or keep up a decent pace.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I mean, gold is gold, but women's madison....talk about uncompetitive events :d 

Although at least it's not as awful as the 2019 (?) world champs anymore where half the field was simply unable to either stay on their bike or keep up a decent pace.

Canada is not entering anyone (despite being allowed to due to having a team pursuit squad) and I'm pretty sure it's because that race caused them both physical and mental trauma...

But ya, my hope for that race is that there is actually some level of competitiveness. We shall see.

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

Canada is not entering anyone (despite being allowed to due to having a team pursuit squad) and I'm pretty sure it's because that race caused them both physical and mental trauma...

But ya, my hope for that race is that there is actually some level of competitiveness. We shall see.

That, and no big crashes please.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

France throwing a nuclear bomb straight at the start :d 

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That, and no big crashes please.

That was not answered well....hard crash for Italy and Ireland.