website statistics

Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

heywoodu

20 минут назад, LowerSaxony сказал:

If it was for political reasons: How would "the Russian hating western countries" gain political advantages from barring Russian speed skaters from a sporting event?

You ask this from the IOC and from Bach. Why did they not invite all the 'clean" leaders of Russia to the Olympics? Shipulin, Ustyugov, Yuskov, Kulizhnikov and others. Who and what is behind this? I think you understand perfectly well why

33 минуты назад, heywoodu сказал:

Kulizhnikov has already hurt the sport before, so I'm having less problems with that  

It's special for you.

- Pavel, Denis Yuskov said that he was disappointed not in sports, but only in the Olympic movement. How do you assess all this for yourself?
- At me it is similar. How can you be disappointed in sports? Disappointed in everything connected with the Olympic Games. If you apply the criteria that apply to us, the Olympics will be typed from all over the world 100 people maximum.
- There will be "good" people, they will say that it is right ..
-Well, there will always be such people who do not understand. At the age of 17 I bought an energy drink in the store, and there were prohibited substances. But I have never cheated, I have not tried to gain the advantage by fraudulently taking steroids, for example. To me for that mistake to suffer all my life? And again. Now our athletes do not take on the Games simply because they once received one flag in the (system) ADAMS - the system did not work, for example ... How is it? This is all wrong, everything went into politics, even many people abroad understand this, I saw their statements, they say that this is lawlessness. We are forced to play according to the rules set for us. It is not right. There must be some kind of framework! 

The lawlessness is going on! People arrogant, do not take "clean" athletes simply because they were born in Russia, as if we were damned some. They are some kind of insane: we can not go to the Olympics, others can. Those who win medals will know that half the athletes were not. This is not an Olympics. This is some kind of crap. I'm not even going to look at it: have I come to compete amongst myself, will I arrange a championship for the Netherlands? The price of this medal will be zero.
We will not get upset for a long time, life will not stop here.

https://rsport.ria.ru/winter2018_analytics/20180126/1131642284.html

6 minutes ago, Dimast said:

It's special for you.

- Pavel, Denis Yuskov said that he was disappointed not in sports, but only in the Olympic movement. How do you assess all this for yourself?
- At me it is similar. How can you be disappointed in sports? Disappointed in everything connected with the Olympic Games. If you apply the criteria that apply to us, the Olympics will be typed from all over the world 100 people maximum.
- There will be "good" people, they will say that it is right ..
-Well, there will always be such people who do not understand. At the age of 17 I bought an energy drink in the store, and there were prohibited substances. But I have never cheated, I have not tried to gain the advantage by fraudulently taking steroids, for example. To me for that mistake to suffer all my life? And again. Now our athletes do not take on the Games simply because they once received one flag in the (system) ADAMS - the system did not work, for example ... How is it? This is all wrong, everything went into politics, even many people abroad understand this, I saw their statements, they say that this is lawlessness. We are forced to play according to the rules set for us. It is not right. There must be some kind of framework! 

The lawlessness is going on! People arrogant, do not take "clean" athletes simply because they were born in Russia, as if we were damned some. They are some kind of insane: we can not go to the Olympics, others can. Those who win medals will know that half the athletes were not. This is not an Olympics. This is some kind of crap. I'm not even going to look at it: have I come to compete amongst myself, will I arrange a championship for the Netherlands? The price of this medal will be zero.
We will not get upset for a long time, life will not stop here.

https://rsport.ria.ru/winter2018_analytics/20180126/1131642284.html

His first part makes sense, too bad after that he goes and say it's not an Olympics, when in fact especially in 'his' event things don't change that much. Instead of 11, we now have 10 gold medal contenders, alright. Sure, it's sad for him, don't get me wrong, but saying the price of this medal is 'zero' is just an (understandably!) frustrated person talking :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

17 минут назад, heywoodu сказал:

His first part makes sense, too bad after that he goes and say it's not an Olympics, when in fact especially in 'his' event things don't change that much. Instead of 11, we now have 10 gold medal contenders, alright. Sure, it's sad for him, don't get me wrong, but saying the price of this medal is 'zero' is just an (understandably!) frustrated person talking :)

Where are the 10 contenders? A maximum of 3-4. And Kulizhnikov is one of the main favorites. And at 1000 meters. Without the main favorite, the world record holder, the gold Olympic medal is devalued. Okay, not a zero. 15 cents :)

Who is behind this? Well, you think Trump, Merkel and Macron called Bach (because he is German and all Germans like each other) and said "Please exclude Viktor Ahn and Kulizhnikov from Olympics, so we can humiliate the Russians"?
That is ridiculous as no other country is more connected in international sports as Russia - look at Putin and Bach. The IOC tried to protect ROC as long as possible (look at Rio Olympics). Only when more and more evidence and information about Sochi came up, IOC wasn't able to keep this protection anymore.

2 minutes ago, Dimast said:

Where are the 10 contenders? A maximum of 3-4. And Kulizhnikov is one of the main favorites. And at 1000 meters. Without the main favorite, the world record holder, the gold Olympic medal is devalued. Okay, not a zero. 15 cents :)

Mulder, Verbij, Smeekens, Boisvert-Lacroix, Junio, Dubreuil, Poutala, Ihle, Lorentzen, Was, a Korean, Japanese or Chinese guy or even Whitmore are all at the very least serious medal outsiders. Of course Kulizhnikov would have been somewhere in the top-5 of that list as well, and Murashov wouldn't be far back neither, but the fact remains the 500m is a hugely open event (especially now that it's with the unfair one run format).

The main favourites in the 1000m are still mostly there, except for Yuskov (who really is 'just' one of the main favourites). Maybe you meant the 1500m, where there were indeed only two main favourites (Yuskov being one of them) and sadly one of them is now gone. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

23 минуты назад, heywoodu сказал:

Maybe you meant the 1500m, where there were indeed only two main favourites (Yuskov being one of them) and sadly one of them is now gone

Really? This season, Yuskov has no rivals for 1500 meters. He won all the competitions. He can at least now hang a olympic gold medal

Edited by Dimast

3 minutes ago, Dimast said:

Really? This season, Yuskov has no rivals for 1500 meters. He won all the competitions. He can at least now hang a olympic gold medal

I should have said 3 instead of 2. Something like 65% for Yuskov, 25% for Nuis/Verweij together and all the rest are absolute outsiders. These three would all not have been huge surprises (with Yuskov of course as the main guy), anyone else would be. 

Dutch band Kleintje Pils will be performing at their 6th straight Olympics, the Pyeongchang OC has invited them for the speed skating :d 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHuz0Pu8HPo

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Dutch band Kleintje Pils will be performing at their 6th straight Olympics, the Pyeongchang OC has invited them for the speed skating :d 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHuz0Pu8HPo

so, at least we're gonna have some familiar surroundings and a bit of party atmosphere in the speedskating hall...:d