website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2017

George_D

25 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yeah, sceptic in me suggests that he actually lied about sickness for 200m heats hoping to conserve energy for the 400m final, but it backfired as there is a real epidemic going on. I think he was the only Botswanian that allegedly got ill? :mumble: That kind of supports this theory.

He said that IAAF barred him from competing without a single examination ;) 

35 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yeah, sceptic in me suggests that he actually lied about sickness for 200m heats hoping to conserve energy for the 400m final, but it backfired as there is a real epidemic going on. I think he was the only Botswanian that allegedly got ill? :mumble: That kind of supports this theory.

I read two athletes from Botswana got sick but I may be wrong.

22 minutes ago, dcro said:

Onkabetse Nkobolo also got ill http://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1053806/tower-hotel-claim-they-are-not-source-of-sickness-bug-at-world-athletics-championships.

I don't think your theory is correct. IAAF informed teams on August 6 about the 48 hours quarantine. Makwala was examined on August 7 before his 200m heat... at that point he knew there were only two possibilities: 1) Makwala declared fit, meaning he had to run; 2) Makwala quarantined for 48 hours, so no 200m but also no 400m final. 

Surely he did not ask voluntarily for the examination to skip the 200m, otherwise by IAAF rules he would have no right to compete in this event.

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Sibanda as well according to rumours, but on the other hand, that was only according to crazy Botswanian conspiracists on Twitter who believed IAAF injected Makwala and Sibanda with a virus. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, dareza said:

Hm, Spanovic said that she is finally ready for gold. But imo silver is max.

Don't give too much value to the performances of the Americans on their magic tracks :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!