website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

Skujytė is showing why she is the best shot putter in Heptathlon yet again, of course 200m. might knock her down the order, but her RIO dream is still alive. It would be the 5th consecutive Olympic Games for her and if I'm not mistaken, she would be the first heptathlete to ever participate in 5 Olympic Games if of course, she collects the points needed for the quota. :)

3 minutes ago, dareza said:

well, maybe this was too strong. We will see. I hope this tim she will have better tactics in final. Good luck Amela.

Her tactics had some flaws this time as well, but she's getting better with each big event she runs at. :bounce: 

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

Skujytė is showing why she is the best shot putter in Heptathlon yet again, of course 200m. might knock her down the order, but her RIO dream is still alive. It would be the 5th consecutive Olympic Games for her and if I'm not mistaken, she would be the first heptathlete to ever participate in 5 Olympic Games if of course, she collects the points needed for the quota. :)

I remember bookmakers offered odds of 5 for her to win the shot put in the heptathlon at the 2012 Olympics.....I was very grateful and profited from their mistake quite a lot :lol:

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I remember bookmakers offered odds of 5-6 for her to win the shot put in the heptathlon at the 2012 Olympics.....I was very grateful and profited from their mistake quite a lot :lol:

Yet another reason for you to support her :lol: maybe she'll make more money for you in the near future. :d

Just now, Werloc said:

Yet another reason for you to support her :lol: maybe she'll make more money for you in the near future. :d

I doubt they will make the same mistake again :p (Besides, it's extremely rare that bookmakers offer odds for the separate events in a heptathlon/decathlon :d ) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I doubt they will make the same mistake again :p (Besides, it's extremely rare that bookmakers offer odds for the separate events in a heptathlon/decathlon :d ) 

I bet the odds for 800m. would be over the roof :p

Did Alex Wilson used to be a superheavyweight boxer or something? :p 

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

first top 8 assured. well done Martina.:yes 

He still has to run! :evil: