heywoodu

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Tomorrows Womens 4x5km Relay Start List

I'm going to take some risk and say that Norway might very well win this :p 

By the way, are there special requirements to have a relay team? It'd be awesome if Brazil could have one in 2019 :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, dcro said:

Too bad that this win means nothing for 2018 Olympics as the 15km will be in free where Niskanen is not so good...

How can swimming have four different styles while XC skiing can't even have two for the interval starts at least...

They rotate the 15 and 50 with the styles. One is free and the other is classic. He will have his chance, but on the longer distance.

38 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

They rotate the 15 and 50 with the styles. One is free and the other is classic. He will have his chance, but on the longer distance.

Well, yeah, but that's ridiculous. Especially for a blue ribbon event such as interval starts (and where the technique is most important).

Athletes should have one chance in four years for their event, not 8 years like XC skiing.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I'm going to take some risk and say that Norway might very well win this :p 

By the way, are there special requirements to have a relay team? It'd be awesome if Brazil could have one in 2019 :d 

as far as I know, there no special requirements for the relays in cross-country skiing at WCH and WOG. only the age limit, the youngest allowed skier can not be younger than 16 years. so in fact every country which has qualified at least 4 skiers for the WCh or WOG is free to enter a relay.

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

as far as I know, there no special requirements for the relays in cross-country skiing at WCH and WOG. only the age limit, the youngest allowed skier can not be younger than 16 years. so in fact every country which has qualified at least 4 skiers for the WCh or WOG is able to enter a relay.

Alright, so I hope Mourão and Picin continue after 2017/18 for at least one more season and Gabi can make the switch from biathlon to XC together with Bruna in the post-Olympic season aaaaand we have a relay :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Alright, so I hope Mourão and Picin continue after 2017/18 for at least one more season and Gabi can make the switch from biathlon to XC together with Bruna in the post-Olympic season aaaaand we have a relay :d 

sounds great :d btw if they will not find a 4th for the team, maybe the 3 remaining can ask for slovak citizenship and we will have a relay too :d

7 minutes ago, hckosice said:

sounds great :d btw if they will not find a 4th for the team, maybe the 3 remaining can ask for slovak citizenship and we will have a relay too :d

Or Alena asks for Brazilian citizenship :p 

The only country they would ever switch to if they have to choose one is Sweden :d 

Edited by heywoodu

It's World Championships and only 16 relays are competing.

It's interesting how the number of relays in XC is always way below what biathlon has (even at World Cups...).

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen