website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB World League 2017

VolleyRuller96

50 minutes ago, Melonade said:

Okay so apparently there was a volleyball set that ended 87-85 in the Czechoslovakia League in 1979. :yikes::yikes::yikes::wacko:

But it's hard to find evidence of it, according to http://www.volleyball-movies.net/fanclubs/discussion/the-longest-set-in-the-history-of-volleyball-329

63-61 happened in the German League (I don't know when) and 54-52 happened in Italian Serie A in 2002 and between Athens and Thessaloniki in 2007.

But in the 1970s/80s, a normal set e.g. 25-20 would last over an hour. So 87-85...!??!!

:wacko::wacko::lol:

Yeah, in the past there were different rules. Teams earned points only on their serves, which made sets and matches go longer than now. 

Don't know about these records, but if we are looking in Czechoslovakia history,  @hckosice  is the best bet we have. If he can't find, then i don't know who can. :d

6 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Yeah, in the past there were different rules. Teams earned points only on their serves, which made sets and matches go longer than now. 

Don't know about these records, but if we are looking in Czechoslovakia history,  @hckosice  is the best bet we have. If he can't find, then i don't know who can. :d

wait, what ? :lol: Never heard about that..I think it´s just a BS..such city/village even doesn´t exist, but maybe in the past, during communism many cities and villages were named differently (for example nowadays Zlín was named Gottwaldov after former communist president Klement Gottwald...etc... so I´ll see)

okay, let me some minutes I´ll make some investigations :d

Nope, Nothing. I've been looking in historical tables and results of the volleyball in our territory in the 70s years. And I did found nothing. Absolutely nothing, Not a single mention of any special result, nor any club that would approach the mentioned name. Moreover, such a city or village does not exist and did not existed in the communist era. So it's a fake report.

Sorry Guys :d

31 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Nope, Nothing. I've been looking in historical tables and results of the volleyball in our territory in the 70s years. And I did found nothing. Absolutely nothing, Not a single mention of any special result, nor any club that would approach the mentioned name. Moreover, such a city or village does not exist and did not existed in the communist era. So it's a fake report.

Sorry Guys :d

You just destroyed an urban myth :p 

What a drama in the final moments of :BEL vs :CAN :yikes:Heynen almost forfeited the match after absurd mistake by the referee... still a deserved win for canada, although I would say both  teams deserve to qualify to final 6

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Last Call For Entries!!   If anyone still wants to enter, this is your last chance to do so. Since I now won't be able to use tomorrow as a voting day I have dedcied to give people an extra 24 hours from this point to enter. The public jury vote will still open at the advertised time. Below I have tagged user from countries that have yet to enter, hopefully they will consider to do so at the last opportunity:   South Korea: @erw@jgb0062 Croatia: @Nikica@snk911@VISOKO Gabon: @Damienyork Belgium: @ALABRAMMIE@Misterxxt Latvia: @Blueniceguy Dominican Republic: @eduardo096 Singapore: @bennetcraig39 Egypt: @mahmoud elrefaei @thepharoah Qatar: @amrgunenr1@KAE Australia: @Sir Rols@Stu192 @dullard Philippines: @JohnRamos84 @PHI2019 @Tigercub Iran: @Hesamkh1990 @MHSN Estonia: @Katie_M Bangladesh: @Razu Ahmed  Montenegro: @ChandlerMne Hong Kong: @pacowong1223    Also @NaBUru38 I know you said you weren't up for doing it due to time but do you think you would reconsider? The process would now only take 3 days with you sending your song Tuesday and voting on Thursday, which isn't really too much time taken up. 
    • I just now saw this, and I already have my vote ready, oh well. 
    • Quarter final Sept 30th    2 - 1     1 - 6    Second semi final October 3rd    vs      Europe vs. South America in the  Semi finals      Probably want to see a   vs  in the final.
    • Some details on the IIHF's 3 on 3 hockey proposal: 8 team tournament for men's and women's 15 athletes per team, 240 athletes total (if they include this they better increate the 2900 athlete cap...) IOC expected to make a decision about including it in the Olympics in March
    • Not to the public until end of Wednesday, entry deadline is under 5 hours from now. Gonna see if I can persuade a couple more to join, like our Uruguayan friend who said he would be able to join due to time but now might be able to with the short turn around. 
    • news: tor de ski future only italy: https://www.vg.no/sport/i/aljARM/ulf-morten-aune-i-norges-skiforbund-tror-tour-de-ski-bestaar format changes: https://www.fis-ski.com/cross-country/news/2024-25/fis-cross-country-committee-autumn-meetings-2024 Engadin - 20 km Mass Start Free, and will be held as a A to B race in the Engadin Ski Marathon courses.  Oslo - Will see two Interval Start competitions, one 20 km Classic on Saturday. And one 10km Free on Sunday.  Lahti - The Sprint will now take place on Friday, followed by the Team Sprint on Saturday. common waxing in tallinn FIS Cross-Country World Cup in Tallinn, EST will once again see the common waxing concept. In order to decrease costs for national teams, number of technicians and equipment will be restricted. four-time olympic gold medallist Therese Johaug refused to compete in the 2026 Olympics: https://www.svt.se/sport/langdskidor/therese-johaug-stanger-os-dorren-da-ar-det-slut
    • What can you expect from a simple woman from Magadan? As long as she was just running around and not talking, it was okay, but since she became an head of the federation in Rus and started talking this nonsense, it turned out that she was empty-headed. On top of that, she's fat as a pig. Disgusting person inside and out.