website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

Because any good skier will do well the first day they shoot clear.

It's not THAT simple, Todorova was never considered a good skier IIRC. She shot 10/10 in Nove Mesto sprint last season and finished 1:45 Min behind Herrmann who also shot 10/10. Eckhoff shot 8/10 and was still 34 secs. quicker than Todorova. Hell, Regina Oja and Merkushyna has faster skiing time back then, hardly world beaters in terms of speed.

Today she finished roughly 45 secs ahead of Herrmann who shot 8/10 so probably would have finished fairly equal to each other if Herrmann shot clear.

So in a matter of 12 months Todorova has gained well over 1:30 minutes to Herrmann' skiing time which is quite impressive.

It seems like Herrmann's age begins to show up in the latter stages of the season now. Preuss was consistently faster than her in Nove Mesto already. Admittedly Todorova has less in her legs due to Bulgarians missing one round with covid restrictions in December but it's still impressive to see her in Top 10.

Todorova in 8th, Lien in 9th, Langer in 15th, good race for Weidel a little further back...things are at least making up a small part of the huge disappointment of Peiffer's sudden retirement :p:( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

It's quite a surprise i would say. It's the final round and i don't know, if the others are more tired, but she usually doesn't ski that fast. Btw, this is the first top 8 finish for a BG woman, since Oslo in 2006.

I think that’s right.  The top 10 people are out there fighting 100% every week, including relays.  I don’t think many people go deep into the red after they’ve missed three.  Last week of a three week session + last week of the year always produces surprises.