website statistics

Road Cycling 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

hace 6 horas, heywoodu said:

New video...what's worse, Froome running up the mountain (slower and probably more energy costly than cycling) or Quintana simply holding one of the wheels on the medical car so he has to do absolutely nothing?! If one of them should be punished, it's Quintana if you ask me... (after seeing this video) 

Of course it's also possible he was just trying to not fall and held that wheel for just one second so he wouldn't fall, but it looks worse than Froome's running. 

Why choose only one? What says that both can't get punished? Why someone being at fault inmediatly excuses the other? ASO clearly decided to wash off their hands of the shitshow their leniency with the moronic public has caused anyway.

hace 5 minutos, heywoodu said:

And Mollema having moved up to 2nd, what a Tour de France-day :clap:

Quintana now definitely has to attack after the last rest day, which could get interesting as well. Very strong Yates, so it's gonna be a good fight for the places behind Froome and even Froome really did not look untouchable on the Ventoux. 

He's lost time downhill, uphill and flat. I don't think he has it in him this year.

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

New video...what's worse, Froome running up the mountain (slower and probably more energy costly than cycling) or Quintana simply holding one of the wheels on the medical car so he has to do absolutely nothing?! If one of them should be punished, it's Quintana if you ask me... (after seeing this video) 

Of course it's also possible he was just trying to not fall and held that wheel for just one second so he wouldn't fall, but it looks worse than Froome's running. 

maybe he just tried to suppress the car because it stand in his way :d.

44 minutes ago, carivan said:

Why choose only one? What says that both can't get punished? Why someone being at fault inmediatly excuses the other? ASO clearly decided to wash off their hands of the shitshow their leniency with the moronic public has caused anyway.

Because I don't know why Froome should be punished since I heard yesterday that the rules make an exception for things "caused by the organization", which is a possible way to classify what happened to Froome, Porte and Mollema. 

But like I said, the video of Quintana simply holding a wheel on a car is too short to make punishments, but it certainly is something that raises an eyebrow (more than Froome, because holding a car while doing nothing obviously gives more of an advantage than running like crazy). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

44 minutes ago, carivan said:

He's lost time downhill, uphill and flat. I don't think he has it in him this year.

Well it's Movistar, they work magic in the last rest day and start being in their best shapes after that, so I'm really not saying goodbye to Quintana's (podium) chances yet :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Tour de France 2016

:FRA Various Cities (FRA) - 02.07.2016 - 24.07.2016 :FRA

le-tour-logo.jpg

Stage 13

Bourg Saint Andeol  -  La Caverne du Pont d´Arc 

(Individual Time Trial)

Stage Result

:NED Tom DUMOULIN

50:15

:GBR Christopher FROOME

+1:03

:POR Nelson OLIVEIRA

+1:31

4. Jerome COPPEL  :FRA +1:35

5. Rohan DENNIS :AUS +1:41

6. Bauke MOLLEMA :NED +1:54

7. Geraint THOMAS :GBR +2:00

8. Ion IZAGUIRRE :ESP +2:02

9. Tony MARTIN :GER +2:05

10. Stephen CUMMINGS :GBR +2:24

General Standing After Stage 13/21

1. Christopher FROOME  :GBR  58:02:51

2. Bauke MOLLEMA :NED  +1:47

3. Adam YATES :GBR  +2:45

4. Nairo QUINTANA :COL  +2:59

5. Alejandro VALVERDE :ESP  +3:17

6. Tejay VAN GARDEREN :USA  +3:19

7. Romain BARDET :FRA  +4:04

8. Richie PORTE :AUS  +4:27

9. Daniel MARTIN :IRL  +5:03

10. Fabio ARU :ITA  +5:16

Jerseys After Stage 13/21

Yellow Jersey

:GBR Christopher FROOME

58:02:51

2. Bauke MOLLEMA :NED 

+1:47

3. Adam YATES :GBR 

+2:45

Green Jersey

:SVK Peter SAGAN

2. Mark CAVENDISH :GBR 

3. Marcel KITTEL :GER 

Polka Dot Jersey

:BEL Thomas DE GENDT

2. Rafal MAJKA :POL 

3. Daniel NAVARRO :ESP 

White Jersey

:GBR Adam YATES

58:05:36

2. Louis MEINTJES  :RSA 

+3:03

3. Warren BARGUIL  :FRA 

+5:38

I am surprised to see Mollema and Yates so high in the overall ranking, do they have a chance for the podium? I think it was unfair and not according to the rules to give Froome the same time as Porte and the other guys. It was very unfortunate for him, but he shouldve waited for his team car to arrive, instead of running up the hill without his bike. I still remember Ullrich waiting for Armstrong after his crash, the good old times ...

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

39 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Stage 14

Montelimar  -  Villars les Dombes Parc des Oiseaux

(208,5km - Lumpy)

Lumpy? :p