website statistics

Road Cycling 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

Just now, hckosice said:

so only Mollema, Porte and Froome (the 3 involved in the accident) get the same time.

Which would be fair :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just hearing now that apparently Quintana got the same time as the group with Yates (from which he had already dropped)...Mollema lost 24 seconds to absolutely nothing and especially Quintana is the lucker of the day...together with Froome for not getting a sanction.

Yates should have been the one in yellow with Mollema behind him, but instead Mollema and Yates got robbed of time and Froome and Quintana got time out of nowhere. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

ASO fucked bad, because they didn't have the safety measures required for this stage. And they try now to solve the problem by giving Froome the yellow again, confessing that it is their fault for the situation. But in the past there were similar events and they were treated as part of the race and gaps were gaps. Whatever the decision is, it was going to be controversial. Like i said the race would have been more interesting with Froome chasing.

Edited by Federer91

Tour of Poland

After Stage 3/7

General

1) :COL GAVIRIA RENDON Fernando

2) :ITA BONIFAZIO Nicollo +6

3) :AUS EWAN Caleb +8

4) :NED HOFLAND Moreno +10

5) :ITA ULISSI Diego +14

Sprint

1) :NED HOFLAND Moreno 51

2) :COL GAVIRIA RENDON Fernando 46

3) :ITA BONFAZIO Nicollo 40

Climber

1) :POL GRADEK Kamil 11

2) :RUS NIKOLAEV Sergey 7

3) :SLO MOHORIC Matej 6

Most Active Rider

1) :GER KOCH Jonas 7

2) :KAZ KOZHATAYEV Bakhtiyar 4

3) :GBR YATES Simon 3

Team

1) Team SKY

2) Astana Pro Team +0

3) BMC Racing Team +9

hace 2 horas, heywoodu said:

Just hearing now that apparently Quintana got the same time as the group with Yates (from which he had already dropped)...Mollema lost 24 seconds to absolutely nothing and especially Quintana is the lucker of the day...together with Froome for not getting a sanction.

Yates should have been the one in yellow with Mollema behind him, but instead Mollema and Yates got robbed of time and Froome and Quintana got time out of nowhere. 

Nairo was lucky. With 6 extra kilometers and with that crash he would have lost more than 3 minutes, best case scenario

Mollema on TV: "Froome and Porte were lucky I got up so fast and went 100% to the finish line and did a good job, because now it turns out I worked for their times."

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

The stage of tomorrow is deleted? Any news?

I don't think so. It should have something like a minute of silence, but just cancelling the time trial tomorrow wouldn't make sense. 

30 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I don't think so. It should have something like a minute of silence, but just cancelling the time trial tomorrow wouldn't make sense. 

30 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Idk of you remember this, but after the 2015 Paris attack all international competition was postponed or deleted. I think that it will be the same