website statistics

Road Cycling 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

:ANT Antigua and Barbuda was given a wildcard in the women's road race (so a country has dropped a spot it appears) however Antigua has also now withdrawn from the event. 

Edited by India

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Yup, Dumoulin is here just for the TTs. :d He is doing the same like in the Vuelta, chalking up time in the early stages, before the real mountains hit. And after sunday he will have a very good lead 1:30, maybe 2 minutes from the rest of the favourites, so he is definately not just walking around. :d Maybe he won't have the legs in the big stages to keep a podium finish, but a top 6 position like in the Vuelta is quite possible. Speaking of podium finishes Zakarin and Chavez are looking very good for me and i think they can make a big surprise by the end. Nibali still in no form, poor performance today, but maybe it is a good thing to not peak early. 

I still don't think Dumoulin will finish in the top-10 and I'm not even sure about top-20 :p

Today was only quite a minor climb and Nibali was weak :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 12/5/2016 at 20:40, heywoodu said:

I still don't think Dumoulin will finish in the top-10 and I'm not even sure about top-20 :p

Today was only quite a minor climb and Nibali was weak :p 

Yes, but you know, the Giro isn't decided in 1st week, we must wait Dolomiti and Alps 

3 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Yes, but you know, the Giro isn't decided in 1st week, we must wait Dolomiti and Alps 

Exactly, which is why I don't think Dumoulin will finish in the top-10 :p 

Nibali is still the favourite. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Peter Koning of the Netherlands leaves the Iranians minutes behind in stage 2 of the Tour of Iran :d

Edited by heywoodu

roglič won stage in giro.amazing:clap:

third slovenian stage win in history in giro

1. P. ROGLIČ         SLO       51:45
  2. M. BRANDLE        AVT       +0:10
  3. V.-S. LÄNGEN      NOR        0:17
  4. F. CANCELLARA     ŠVI        0:28
  5. A. VOROBJEV       RUS        0:30
  6. B. JUNGELS        LUK        0:45
  7. S. KUNG           ŠVI        0:58
  8. J. VAN EMDEN      NIZ        1:08
  9. M. TJALLINGII     NIZ        1:16
 10. A. AMADOR         KOS        1:19

The rain gave Roglic the win, which is awesome because I was a little sad he missed out on the win in the 1st stage...a former professional ski jumper wins a GT stage, what a day :d