website statistics

Asian Winter Games 2025

• 3 weeks later...

I have been told these are the 34 NOC's who attended the Chefs de mission meeting recently (doesn't mean these are the final 34 scheduled to compete) 

:AFG (did not compete in 2017)  

:BRN (did not compete in 2017)    

:BHU (debut, curious to see what they will compete in)

:CAM (debut)

:PRK

:HKG

:IND 

:INA 

:IRI

:JPN 

:JOR

:KAZ

:KOR

:KUW

:KGZ

:LBN 

:MAC (have only competed in hockey before, but will be in a new sport this time)

:MAS

:MGL

:NEP

:PAK

:PHI

:QAT

:KSA (debut) 

:SGP

:SRI

:TPE

:TJK

:THA 

:TKM

:UAE

:UZB

:VIE

:CHN

11 NOC's not present:

:IRQ

:OMA

:PLE

:SYR

:YEM

:BAN

:MDV

:MYA

:LAO

:TLS  (the most surprising as they have an active skier atm)

:BRU 

• 2 weeks later...

from what I heard , Iran has registered to participate in Alpine, CC skiing, SkiMo, Skating (they didn't mention which discipline :dunno:) and ... (this one will be surprising :d) ... Curling 

Curling is not a sure thing yet, the NOC has to approve it. the team is very new. I mean very very new, only few months ago they gathered few people to start the sport :d you can't lose 100-0 in Curling, right ? :lol:

anyway it will be first time ever Iran participating outside of FIS disciplines. ( I didn't count Ski orienteering in 2011 which was the same as CC)

nobody cares about winter sports here. therefore finishing last won't have consequences. they can afford sending very weak teams. (which is not the case for the main Asian Games)

21 minutes ago, MHSN said:

anyway it will be first time ever Iran participating outside of FIS disciplines. ( I didn't count Ski orienteering in 2011 which was the same as CC)

It is run by a different federation though :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

24 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It is run by a different federation though :p

yeah I know :d

I mean it wasn't a different team specific for that sport. it was the same CC team participating in both sports.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

from what I heard , Iran has registered to participate in Alpine, CC skiing, SkiMo, Skating (they didn't mention which discipline :dunno:) and ... (this one will be surprising :d) ... Curling 

Curling is not a sure thing yet, the NOC has to approve it. the team is very new. I mean very very new, only few months ago they gathered few people to start the sport :d you can't lose 100-0 in Curling, right ? :lol:

nobody cares about winter sports here. therefore finishing last won't have consequences. they can afford sending very weak teams. (which is not the case for the main Asian Games)

In the past the ISU has now allowed countries without a Federation to compete.