website statistics

Biathlon IBU Summer World Championships 2024

Totallympics

17 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

it's mainly the East European teams taking part.

Do not dare to forget mighty Brazil!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• All events?! Wow, that'd be awesome, especially since YouTube is by far the easiest platform to rewatch when you've missed something.   I don't know which events I want to watch, but Dutch broadcaster is NOS, so they aren't going to show anything at all most likely.
    • All events at the Paralympics will be live-streamed on YouTube! Non geo-blocked too I believe, so if your local broadcaster isn’t showing any particular events you want to watch then you’re in luck!      
    • Men Women Total   Gold Silver Bronze Gold Silver Bronze Gold Silver Bronze Asian Games 2022 3 0 1 4 2 3 7 2 4 European games 2023 1 2 2 1 2 0 2 4 2 2024 World Qualifier 1 2 1 4 0 1 4 2 2 8 2024 World Qualifier 2 1 3 3 0 0 3 1 3 6 African Qualifier 2023 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 Pan Am Games 2023 0 1 3 0 1 1 0 2 4 Pacific Games 2023 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 2 Just a quick comparison of where the medalists qualified from as I was interested myself 
    • They shouldn’t obviously. But, IOC shoud never agree to add a sport played in three countries and half to begin with. So...
    • As ever, it's mainly the East European teams taking part.  Most of the West Europeans are pretty much volunteers only.    sending their youth team though.
    • Depends of the sport really. Baseball and Cricket have very strong profesionnal structures to go back to in case of being included on the 'cycle' or not. A sport like Field Hockey doesn't, it can't be put on a on/off situation every 4 yeats (just like Karate shouldn't either)
    • Aussies think they have a two year veto.  However, I doubt this would apply universally, because in events like the Nations Cup sponsored teams are allowed to compete, even though such teams are often very thinly disguised - the Home Team's National U-23 team riding in the name of the team bike manufacturer or whatever.    Matt Richardson: Cyclist could face two-year ineligibility period after GB switch, say AusCycling - BBC Sport
    • I was thinking this exact same thing with a dangerous precedent. A few examples, it won't just stop with lacrosse, what's to stop Maori athletes from forming their own rugby 7s/kayaking teams. 90% of the gold medal winning women's team and kayaking team are Maori. The Scots wanting their own track cycling/swimming teams, Catalans and Basques from both France and Spain wanting their own football teams. I haven't even started on individual athletes. You see where this is going...
    • Tennis ITF US Open 2024   New York (USA) - 20 August 2024 - 8 September 2024     Official Website Programme Results System Facebook Page Discussion Thread