website statistics

Your favorite positive 2024 Paris Olympics moments!

Swedish: Sjöström double but especially 100 free, Mondo and the unexpected Swedish silver medals in table tennis, not to far from golds either!

and ofc beach volley gold under the Eifel tower

International: Marchand, the upset in mens 1500m, the not shared gold medal in the jump of in men's high jump, Rooth in decathlon

Edited by Swewi

Fox sisters sweeping Canoe Slalom. 

Raygun 

Algerian gymnast who wasn't allowed to train in her town in France caused her switch allegiance to Algeria where she won gold. 

Ok, this one. This is probably one of my all-time favourite interviews :rofl: 

"All the coaches were laughing, because I was swimming out by myself, because I wasn't arsed to swim behind anybody. All I could think was I can't be arsed to get kicked in the face" :d 

"After the gold I thought about pulling out, but I wanted to do it because my friends were doing it, but I didn't actually see any of them."

What a legend.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Not sure where to post this since I don't want to just stick it in the music thread, but I have to say I absolutely loved Eurosport's Paris 2024 theme, which they played throughout. This really added to my overall experiences and memories of the Games. It sounds very dramatic and menacing at times, in a good way, but just loved it :)