website statistics

2024 Paralympics - August 28 - September 8

Oops, another day where I completely forgot to do a preview. Well, given the day is almost half over, I’ll highlight the rest of what’s going on. 

On the track, Marissa Papaconstantinou will look to go one better on her 200m result in the women’s 100m T64 (final at 10:11 AM PST/1:11 PM EST), while Renee Foessel in women’s discus throw F38 (final at 11:32 AM PST/2:32 PM EST) and Cody Fournie in men’s 100m T54 (final at 12:09 PM PST/3:09 AM EST) are other strong medal chances. In swimming, Canada try and improve on their haul of 10 medals as Alec Elliot goes in the men’s 100m backstroke S10 (final at 9:05 AM PST/12:05 PM EST) and Aurelie Rivard competes in her final event of these Paralympics, the women’s 100m backstroke S10 (final at 9:12 AM PST/12:12 PM EST)

Women’s wheelchair basketball team takes on Netherlands, although they’re so outmatched that I’m pretty sure it’ll turn out as a loss unfortunately. 

Edited by Josh

Recapping today’s results so far. 

Trinity Lowthian through to repechage 4 in women’s category B epee, after wins over Cho and Pasqino.

Austin Smeenk through to the men’s 800m T34 final. 

Mary Jibb through to the women’s 100m butterfly S9 final, and Seb Massabie through to the men’s 50m freestyle S4 final.