website statistics

2024 Olympics - Day 14 (August 9)

O Canada we know you are trying but that blow in the first set is going to maybe haunt Canada in vball.  And poor Sarah.  She would have won a medal with her semi final throw. Then there is Taylor. She didn't survive a even 30 seconds.  Let's hope for a comeback from Canada.  but blowing that lead in set one is looking bad.   For one good thing for Canada the 4x 100m it seems not so great for other events.    I am curious anyone know how Kim is ding in Breaking - has it started.  I need to think positive but fear the Sarah or Damien thing could happen to him.   It would be nice if Kate Vincent gets gold but at least a medal.  We have 24 medals with volleyball Canada needs one more to beat Tokyo but the chances are falling faster than the US are winning medals.    Realistically its Kate Vincent; 800m, Breaking - anything else?  Still proud of them but I just can't stand the heartbreak of Mitton,Warriner, especially Mitton who wanted to avenge Tokyo.  Will she wait four more years?  Can anyone else think any remaining events Canada has a chance for a medal?  Is Breaking our strongest?

4 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Melisa and Brandy did amazing to get to the final and fought very well.

I still think they got robbed in the first set and I'm pretty mad about it.

Sorry, but it angers me how badly you misspelled their names :p

Just now, orangeman said:

Oh well. Had to watch on a bus with blurry video. Going to have to rewind to see what that spat was about. 

Canada's second set point in the first set.

The NBC comentators described it as Brazil getting away with murder.