website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 11

55 minutes ago, Jon said:

Ohuruogo through to the 400m semi finals after a season best in the repechage, joining Nielsen and Anning. 

Good news for the women’s relay. Still unsure who our number 4 is; knight lina or Nicole or another - all the relay squad seem very evenly matched

13 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

For the Semi, not the Final. Still both looking solid though.

D'oh yes, of course you're right. 

Am I right in thinking that the Women's 10m and Men's 3m are our only realistic medal shots in the individual Diving? Doesn't look like Williams/Kothari in the Men's 10m or Harper/Reid in the Women's 3m are likely to get on the podium.

2 minutes ago, cjsavory said:

D'oh yes, of course you're right. 

Am I right in thinking that the Women's 10m and Men's 3m are our only realistic medal shots in the individual Diving? Doesn't look like Williams/Kothari in the Men's 10m or Harper/Reid in the Women's 3m are likely to get on the podium.

I'd go in order as you have them in terms of likelihood, yeah.

I don't think any of them are completely without hope (both Kyle and Noah have been in the top 7 at each of the last 2 worlds) but it would be a pleasant shock if any of them would medal.

Whereas Andrea or Jack medalling wouldn't be a shock.

23 minutes ago, RussB said:

Good news for the women’s relay. Still unsure who our number 4 is; knight lina or Nicole or another - all the relay squad seem very evenly matched

Yemi probably in with a shout as well. I'd have her comfortably ahead of Jessie right now.

Would be shocked if Jessie was used in anything but an emergency given her form this year.

Just now, Epic Failure said:

Yemi probably in with a shout as well. I'd have her comfortably ahead of Jessie right now.

Would be shocked if Jessie was used in anything but an emergency given her form this year.

Nicole ran a very solid leg in the mixed relay and Lina ran that impressive PB pre Paris so I’m not sure where they are leaning. Maybe Yemi runs the heat to see her split.

4 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

I'd go in order as you have them in terms of likelihood, yeah.

I don't think any of them are completely without hope (both Kyle and Noah have been in the top 7 at each of the last 2 worlds) but it would be a pleasant shock if any of them would medal.

Whereas Andrea or Jack medalling wouldn't be a shock.

At this point I think it’s very reasonable to say Andrea is the clear favourite for bronze.

GB boys look good in the springboard so far

11 minutes ago, RussB said:

Nicole ran a very solid leg in the mixed relay and Lina ran that impressive PB pre Paris so I’m not sure where they are leaning. Maybe Yemi runs the heat to see her split.

The results from the various SFs will likely come into play as well.

The relay heat is the morning of the same day as the individual final. You have to assume that if any of our 3 get to the final, they definitely won't be in the heat. 

The 400m H final is the night before. If Lina were to get to that, might make a heat run for her slightly less likely.

I'd expect both Yemi and Nicole to be in the heat lineup. As you say, coaches would likely want to see where they are at split wise to join 'the big 3'.

I think so. The realistic chances for our girls making the finals lie with Amber IMO, for either of the twins or Vicky making it would be a huge run.

so a heats line up of Vicky, Lina, Nicole, Yemi to give Lavaia and Amber rest would be my best guess 

Just now, Olympicsnell said:

Sky on the cusp of the finals....but also looks like she just messed up her arm again 

Hoping both her score and her shoulder holds. Eek! 

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Yeah, same here, this weekend definitely doesn't have nothing     I mean, so far I've seen lots of racing with cars, motorbikes and regular bikes, college football highlights, ski jumping, mountainbike and so on. But the most important thing of the weekend for me (MotoGP/2/3) being in the early morning is lovely because it opens up the day so much     And yeah, Christmas is usually fun to take a look on Flashscore.com, especially the first day is the one day in the entire year where the whole page is almost entirely empty, with only a bit of football in very few muslim-majority countries  
    • Wow! 5 goals in less than 3 minutes for  so 3rd place for them.   4th place.      7 - 1 
    • Wish I could say the same, for me it’s rare when there’s a day that there’s absolutely nothing on for me to watch There’s even stuff on Christmas (NBA and NFL), although usually in the days leading up to it there’s less sporting events going on. 
    • Gravel world championships     And ski jumping Summer Grand Prix, just finished catching up on an insane season of Red Bull Rookies Cup, still lots of NASCAR to catch up with and with this weekend being a bit of a slow one in terms of live sports (and the MotoGP/2/3 things being in Japan and so being done and dusted by 9am my time), it's so far been a weekend with lots of catching up  
    • WTT China Smash   Men’s Singles 1.  Lin Shidong 2.  Ma Long 3.  Xiang Peng 3.  Liang Jingkun   Women’s Singles 1.  Sun Yingsha  2.  Wang Manyu 3.  Chen Xingtong 3.  Fan Siqi   Men’s Doubles 1.  Liang Jingkun/Wang Chuqin 2.  Lin Gaoyuan/Lin Shidong 3.  Yuan Licen/Xiang Peng 3.  Alexis Lebrun/Felix Lebrun   Women’s Doubles 1.  Qian Tianyi/Chen Xingtong 2.  Wang Yidi/Sun Yingsha 3.  Chen Yi/Xu Yi 3.  Chen I-Ching/Li Yu-Jhun   Mixed Doubles 1.  Lin Shidong/Kuai Man 2.  Lin Gaoyuan/Wang Yidi 3.  Xue Fei/Qian Tianyi 3.  Kristian Karlsson/Christina Kallberg   Full Results
    • Just finished watching the Gauff-Muchova final at the China Open, and I’ll be watching both the men’s and women’s finals at the GSOC HearingLife Tour Challenge, but here’s what else I’ll be watching (or at least trying to watch) the next two weeks.    BWF Denmark Open, ATP Shanghai Masters, WTA Wuhan/Ningbo Open, FIVB Elite 16 Joao Pessoa, FIFA U17 Women’s Football World Cup (lesser priority, the knockout stage matches are in late October to early November), European Table Tennis Championships (lesser priority), FIS Ski/Snowboard Big Air WC Chur, UCI Track Cycling World Championships, WA Swimming WC Shanghai, NBA/NFL/NHL, any semi big curling events that I can find streaming for, any club season volleyball matches that I can find streaming for (some are on VBTV which helps but this season my teams are Gas Sales Blunergy Piacenza, Vero Volley Monza, Vakıfbank, Eczacıbaşı, Asseco Resovia), 3X3 Basketball World Tour Amsterdam/Macau (lesser priority and no group stage matches, only knockout if I have time and I’m not feeling too fatigued)   Edit: There’s also the Archery and Triathlon WC Finals, damn there’s a lot going on. 
    • WTA 1000 China Open | Beijing, China   Women’s Singles 1.  Coco Gauff 2.  Karolina Muchova 3.  Qinwen Zheng 3.  Paula Badosa   Women’s Doubles 1.  Sara Errani/Jasmine Paolini 2.  (RUS) Chan Hao-Ching/Veronika Kudermetova 3.  (RUS) Elisabetta Cocciaretto/Liudmila Samsonova 3.  Bethanie Mattek-Sands/Sofia Kenin   Full Results
    • Coco Gauff defeats  Karolina Muchova 6-1, 6-3 for the China Open title, improving to 8-1 in WTA tour level finals while Muchova is now 1-5.