website statistics

2024 Olympics - Day 9 (August 4)

1 minute ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Relay Lineups:

Men: Tierney -> Knox -> Kharun -> Liendo

Women: Masse -> Angus -> Mac Neil -> McIntosh

Would’ve gone with Acevedo over Tierney, given his clutchness on relays. 

8 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Masse needs a low 58, Angus a relay PB, MacNeil needs to be around 56 or below and Mcintosh has to be below 53 for any chance of am edal.

I mean she went 53.2 after the 400m freestyle. I feel like it makes sense too given she’s the Canadian star of the meet. 

Edited by james89

Great analysis but it makes me a bit of a cynic. It's a long shot for Canada to medal to expect all 4 athletes would get their best on the same day at the same time but fingers crossed for swimming.  If Canada is going to match or beat last olympics a trend many of us like and hope they will need to start picking up some of the "close" medals.  I think they would need to medal in swimming one more time, earn medals in breaking and one of the canoe/boat events left, one medal at least between the teams - basketball or volleyball, 5 medals from athletics which is hard now with Andre not looking good and no medals in the decathlon.   But maybe I am missing some other strong events hopefully.  Boxing?  So I guess it is possible Canada could match or beat last olympics.  Go Canada!