website statistics

2024 Olympics - Day 8 (August 3)

The site says this. It still seems to me that Canada should be ahead of the USA then. I don't get it. 

1. Most wins (or win ratio).
  2. Head-to-head comparison (only taking wins into account, and only to determine standings in the pool).
  3. Most points scored on average per game (without considering winning scores of forfeits). For the purpose of standings calculation, a maximum of 21 points per game can be taken into consideration.

2 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Second Olympics in a row where Canada brings a relay only athlete just to swim the breastroke leg in the mixed medley relay xD

I dont think that's accurate - I think Acevedo just swam the heats of that but he did the backstroke. 

Just now, james89 said:

I dont think that's accurate - I think Acevedo just swam the heats of that but he did the backstroke. 

Oh right, it was Acevedo on the backstroke. He did only swim the mixed relay heats, however.

I like most Canadians are patriotic and hope the best for our athletes. Likewise other countries.  NO matter what you know all the althletes are trying.  Today is a challenging day for poor Canada.  Damian Warner had a disaster and is out of the race after not clearning the minimum in the pole vault. Aaron Brown a hopeful in th e100m got disqualified.  Andre didn't look good but made it to the semis.  This does not bode well for the 4x 100.  The ladies lost in 3x3 basketball ; I am not sure if the dream is over but 3 losses in a row:(  Black and Olsen were no match on the vault to Biles and Andrade.  On the silver lining is the ladies winning 8's that was impressive after all the struggles.  Not that medals should be the goal but it is a bit heartbreaking in the decathlon where we had two of the very best  we will not podium.  Hopefully maybe we can get a surprise medal say in tennis or ladies soccer and do well in the pool in the relays especially.  

3 minutes ago, Skater Boy said:

I like most Canadians are patriotic and hope the best for our athletes. Likewise other countries.  NO matter what you know all the althletes are trying.  Today is a challenging day for poor Canada.  Damian Warner had a disaster and is out of the race after not clearning the minimum in the pole vault. Aaron Brown a hopeful in th e100m got disqualified.  Andre didn't look good but made it to the semis.  This does not bode well for the 4x 100.  The ladies lost in 3x3 basketball ; I am not sure if the dream is over but 3 losses in a row:(  Black and Olsen were no match on the vault to Biles and Andrade.  On the silver lining is the ladies winning 8's that was impressive after all the struggles.  Not that medals should be the goal but it is a bit heartbreaking in the decathlon where we had two of the very best  we will not podium.  Hopefully maybe we can get a surprise medal say in tennis or ladies soccer and do well in the pool in the relays especially.  

They won today. 

8 minutes ago, orangeman said:

The site says this. It still seems to me that Canada should be ahead of the USA then. I don't get it. 

1. Most wins (or win ratio).
  2. Head-to-head comparison (only taking wins into account, and only to determine standings in the pool).
  3. Most points scored on average per game (without considering winning scores of forfeits). For the purpose of standings calculation, a maximum of 21 points per game can be taken into consideration.

Spain, Canada, Australia, and US are all tied at 4-3. Spain and United States have a 2-1 head to head, and Canada and Australia have a 1-2 head to head, whichever team scores more points is ranked higher. 

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Spain, Canada, Australia, and US are all tied at 4-3. Spain and United States have a 2-1 head to head, and Canada and Australia have a 1-2 head to head, whichever team scores more points is ranked higher. 

Ah. I missed Spain also have 4 wins. That's unfortunate. Such a little thing makes the road much harder for Canada now. 

Thanks!