website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 6

I mean, this is what the BOA website says in their FAQs about "what is Team GB"

Team GB is the Great Britain and Northern Ireland Olympic Team.

Every two years the team represents Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the summer or winter Olympic Games. The team is selected by the British Olympic Association, in conjunction with the governing bodies, from the best sportsmen and women to compete in 33 summer and seven winter Olympic sports at the greatest sporting event in the world.

The sportsmen and women who are selected to participate at the Olympic Games become members of the Great Britain Olympic Team, Team GB.

There is only one Olympic team from Great Britain and Northern Ireland; Team GB. There is not an Olympic swimming team or Olympic rowing team. The individual sports join to become Team GB, the Great Britain and Northern Ireland Olympic Team.

I can see why people call it that way, if the BOA is incorrectly choosing to name it as such as well.

If anyone ever thinks that we are having a bad games, I can only think that they aren't old enough to remember 1996. Now THAT was a bad games.

Incidentally, we just passed the total number of top 8 finishes we got in Atlanta. And we're only about a third of the way through the games.

4 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

If anyone ever thinks that we are having a bad games, I can only think that they aren't old enough to remember 1996. Now THAT was a bad games.

Incidentally, we just passed the total number of top 8 finishes we got in Atlanta. And we're only about a third of the way through the games.

As of yesterday wasn't it the best start ever?

7 minutes ago, JamDH said:

As of yesterday wasn't it the best start ever?

I'm not sure on that, because the changes in scheduling means that I can't directly compare.

But in terms of total medals won by the end of day 5, it's definitely the most in the last 30 years.

My personal predictions coming into this were that we were likely to be down on golds this time out but roughly the same as we have been the last 3 cycles in terms of overall medals. The first 6 days have done nothing to change that view. In fact, we're currently 1 medal ahead of where I thought we would be, in terms of both gold medals and total medals. :)

Edited by Epic Failure