website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 5

19 minutes ago, Jon said:

Finishes 7th and remains top of the standings.

Edit - apols read the app wrong, I don’t think race is finished yet but she’s now up to 7th! 

after an hour of racing, and with GB in about 11th....the race was abandoned...bit of a joke but bit of luck

1 minute ago, Olympicsnell said:

after an hour of racing, and with GB in about 11th....the race was abandoned...bit of a joke but bit of luck

Massively with the Israeli about a kilometre in the lead 🤣

1 minute ago, Olympicsnell said:

he was fine, he just stopped

He was celebrating sending Yee to the lead and I think the plan was always to just do one lap and save for the team relay. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I see Dickinson was DNF in the triathlon - only ran 2500 metres. Was he injured or just saving himself for the mixed relay?

Saved himself. He stopped while in the front group and waved to the crowd and had a slightly ott exit. Commentators said earlier they had heard it would happen. 

Edited by Orangehair43

Laura Stephens is the current World Champion for the 200m Butterfly. Swam 3 seconds slower today than in that Final, and only scraped through, but possible she's saving something for tonight/tomorrow? 

4 minutes ago, cjsavory said:

Laura Stephens is the current World Champion for the 200m Butterfly. Swam 3 seconds slower today than in that Final, and only scraped through, but possible she's saving something for tonight/tomorrow? 

She went out too fast and faded badly, but if she tempers her race she should make the final