website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 4

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Fantastic final quarter, and an epic last five minutes from the GB boys, who were actually very solid throughout (a distinct improvement in overall gameplay from the first two games). Very encouraging. 

23 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I try to avoid too many blatantly negative posts, but probably the most disappointing performer across the games (and qualifying window) so far has been Matthew Coward Holley. He just hasn't been able to put the performances together when it mattered. 

charlotte worthington just peddling around says hello 

:DEN look like they are heading for a big improvement on their Tokyo scores. Their second line rider picks up a 76.9 which matches the 2nd ranked rider in Tokyo. Assuming Dufour matches her Tokyo score then Denmark will be up by over 5 points.

Just now, Olympicsnell said:

charlotte worthington just peddling around says hello 

In fairness we're probably lucky to have Charlotte competing at all. She's been fairly open about not really enjoying the sport after Tokyo as much.

I think at times we forget that sportsmen and women are humans too. They can suffer from the same problems anyone else can.

Going back to the dressage, it's worth noting that Hester's score was higher than any of the scores from group 2. So he's looking like a solid bet for a spot in the individual final at least.

I feel for Charlotte, but I hate to say this, the quality of the women's BMX freestyle is very poor, almost too poor for an olympics, especially compared to the men's.

Hannah Roberts scored 90+ points doing something you would probably see at the local skate park. I don't know what needs to be done, but some radical changes need to be made in my opinion, such as encouraging more points for flips instead of for just sticking your hands in the air going over a jump. 

I don't like comparing between genders but the difference in skill level is so stark it is hard not to, especially when comparing the gender differences in gymnastics.

1 minute ago, TeamGB said:

I feel for Charlotte, but I hate to say this, the quality of the women's BMX freestyle is very poor, almost too poor for an olympics, especially compared to the men's.

I've got to agree - when you see what the men are doing and compare it to the women, it's almost like a completely different sport. Basically taking your hands of the handlebars is considered a trick.