website statistics

Almost-Brits at the 2024 Olympics

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but I thought it would be fun to try and track the 'almost' Brits competing here, who we can root for and claim half a medal if they do well :d (especially if they are in events where there are no actual Brits for us to cheer for)

I'm sure it is a lengthy list, but here's a few to get started. Add more if you know them!

The Irish team obviously has plenty of Ulster men and women. That includes Dan Wiffen, who also attends Loughborough University. There are plenty of other swimmers who either train in the UK or have done previously, including the Hansson sisters from Sweden, Felix Aubock from Austria and, of course, Reuta Meilutyte.

Jessica Fox (Australia, canoe slalom) - she's the daughter of Richard Fox who competed in the same event for GBR.

Chase Jackson (USA, shot) - she is married to a Brit and I believe she lives and trains there.

Larissa Iapichino (Italy, long jump) - she's the daughter of Fiona May, who jumped for GBR and then (much more successfully) for Italy.

Don’t forget Noemi Fox, her sister, also in the KX.  And Cindy Ngamba (Boxing W75), competing for the Refugee team but training with the rest of the British squad, seems to have been claimed as GB by the British press.  I think there are one or two other refugees that are training here as well. 

Edited by Cmon Mary

:FRA Aaron Grandidier, rugby 7's, born in London from a british father, raised in Kent, has represented England (15-a-side) as a youngster

GB was not qualified, Ireland is out, the Aussies and Saffas are still in, so really you have no other choice to cheer for us :p

4 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

:FRA Aaron Grandidier, rugby 7's, born in London from a british father, raised in Kent, has represented England (15-a-side) as a youngster

GB was not qualified, Ireland is out, the Aussies and Saffas are still in, so really you have no other choice to cheer for us :p

He probably made a wise choice playing for France, given how our 7s team has been in recent years. :facepalm::p

I mean, we could support :FIJ. They do have our flag on their flag...

12 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

He probably made a wise choice playing for France, given how our 7s team has been in recent years. :facepalm::p

I mean, we could support :FIJ. They do have our flag on their flag...

Well, in rugby, most countries do :d

Michael Olise in the :FRA football team was born and raised in London. 

Yona Knight-Wisdom In the :JAM diving squad is UK born and raised and is good friends with many of our Diving squad. 

Adele Tracey in the :JAM athletics squad is also UK born and raised.

Ann Katrin - Berger in the :GER is the partner of lionesses Jess Carter. 

Edited by Orangehair43